[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 952 KB, 896x504, z98j98.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11433406 No.11433406 [Reply] [Original]

You can breathe fire, fly, shit gold, but you can't turn on the fucking lights? the fuck is this shit?

>> No.11433439

Lfmao did you just watch Waking Life and shitposted accordingly?
After watching it I had a lucid dream in which all I did was turning on and off the light with the switches in various pieces of architecture, that dream was neat.

>> No.11433449
File: 124 KB, 768x432, xj7PQaF.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11433439
>After watching it I had a lucid dream in which all I did was turning on and off the light with the switches in various pieces of architecture, that dream was neat.
lol nice
>Lfmao did you just watch Waking Life and shitposted accordingly?
nah a few nights ago it happened and i woke up thinkin hmmm, so that shit's actually true. fuckin weird

>> No.11433488

i cant lucid dream, when ever it happens i immediately wake myself up because im afraid
i cant control them you see, im aware im dreaming, but try as i might i cant cause anything to happen, and the longer i stay in them the more creepy they become, the world starts to fade away and become dead and colorless and things like tv screens and computer monitors have things trying to get out

>> No.11433490

>>11433488
Dude, that stuff sounds neat as hell, why are you scared?
Just embrace it and see where it brings you without panicking.

>> No.11433492

>>11433490
because sometimes its hard to wake up and it takes me a lot of effort in the dream to snap out of it. I suppose if i had better control of that i wouldn't be so afraid. Ive always been most afraid of what my mind might do. Ive never been afraid of supernatural things as actually existent for example, but im still not going anywhere spooky because im afraid my mind will hallucinate something. In this regard being in a dream is even worse because the entire thing is a figment and so i cant count on any part of reality being stable and dependable.

>> No.11433493

It probably has something to do with the fact that the lighting of an environment is perceived more unconsciously/prior to perceiving the objects in the environment.

>> No.11433501

>>11433493
i.e. maybe you have conscious control over only some of the visual processing in your brain that produce dreams (e.g. only visual cortex but not networks prior to VC that process data from the retina before it reaches the VC)