[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 6 KB, 191x234, 1268028339503.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1143181 No.1143181 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/, I just discovered this and I must share it! I feel like Carl Sagan sitting at his galactic computer in that dream! I guess I will have to settle for this since I will never see the universe this way in real life.

http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/

>> No.1143250
File: 34 KB, 191x234, oh shi face.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1143304

It'd be cool if stars looked more realistic. Every time I play it I just get bored after trying to travel as far as I can get from the milky way and then zooming into the ISS.

Plus if you want to navigate planets you're better off online since you only have to download the parts you zoom in on. Google Mars etc, or if you don't hate silverlight www.worldwidetelescope.org/webclient doesn't need installing either.

Honestly I suggest you check out WWT if you haven't already. It's not the same as celestia, but it's still very awesome (the installed version adds a 3d solar system view and better performance, and some other stuff like actual telescope integration, but no other data AFAIK).

>> No.1143334

>>1143304
Cool, thanks!