[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 594 KB, 220x227, 1310108630498.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11416828 No.11416828 [Reply] [Original]

What does /sci/ think of EE research? I'm supposed to choose my major and I want to do a masters in Japan to hopefully work in the industry as I speak Japanese and have family living there (no Japanese heritage though).

>> No.11416887

Wtf op you actually sound just like me. I am also looking to do an EE masters in Japan and have family living in Japan (not ethnically Japanese). My uncle pursued his EE masters and PhD in Japan decades ago and is now a professor at some Japanese university. He said the market in Japan is really good for certain EE fields like image processing.

>> No.11417812

>>11416887
Oh, nice. I thought they only hired foreigners as lecturers though, didn't know they hired them as professors. I wouldn't mind following a academic career in Japan, but I still would rather work in industry.
> He said the market in Japan is really good for certain EE fields like image processing.
What are you getting into for your masters? You want something focused on industry too?