[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 37 KB, 620x521, Don_d8d725_5536285.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11378200 No.11378200 [Reply] [Original]

alright /sci/ please hear me up
For about 3 years I have been thinking about this theory of mine about psychological effects where traumatic events (awkward situations, life events and even expectations) can end up in the individual taking in what we could say a reduction of his sanity, resulting often in fear, lost of confidence and severe depression to suicide or death due to complications (heart conditions, starvation, sleep deprivation, etc..)

I would like to put it in the same way that "Don't Starve" the game does it.
I would say a human being would have between (80-150) sanity points, that being if you reach 0 you die or commit suicide shortly after that happens.
> hurr durr referencing a game into a trying to sound serious bla bla

Ofc we don't all take the same events in the same way, where a person might just commit suicide after experiencing "near death accidents, rape, the lost of someone dear, etc..."
Some even can be as simple as thinking that your heart rate is too fast, or that you're going to die soon because you googled some stupid ass symptom, nightmares, really anything.

I believe that instead of focusing entirely in the problem of single subjects, we rather could learn to thread the roots of those mental problems, which a big percent of them being related also to body health such as "Circulation problems, Dehydration, Malnutrition, Sleep deprivation, Thyroid Malfunction and Others"

>What's the whole point of this walloftext?

Well I believe that certain activities,foods, games and social interactions will net you Mental Healing or Sanity Gain, thus relieving you from the pain in a small degree everytime.

Ultimately is my believe that a person who often maintains his sanity can eventually cope with the feelings that individual has experienced in his/her life and overcome the trauma it received.

>> No.11378205
File: 1.01 MB, 500x375, 6780507_1cff6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you are definitely fucking onto something OP, keep fucking going

>> No.11378213

>>11378200
My theory is you lose souls every time you feel defeated, rejected, betrayed etc. And your defense grow and you start to make intelligent decision. Like making money, spending in hobbies. Few people survive trauma, rejection etc and they are ones who can turn negative into positive.

>> No.11378228

After many years of suffering alone, disassociated with reality and feeling like nothing is real. Things have gotten to a point where I love the way it sucks, and I welcome pain and suffering in my life.

>> No.11378230

>>11378213
exactly because of it, I think there should be a focus on how to help individuals who have a hard time coping with those feelings at least in /sci/

>> No.11378235
File: 1.47 MB, 700x340, z87f.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11378228
MOAR PAIN
MOAR SUFFERING
MOAR MISERY
LET'S MAKE A FUCKING PARTY OF THIS SHIT YES YES YES NOW NOW NOW

>> No.11379485

OP got a point Many people experiencing rejection, mobbing and isolation in school, for example thrieve to develop unique skills in programming, art and science as a sort of coping mechanism. Some turn out to be very successful in life and finally overcome depression and trauma.

>>11378230
People need to take pride in what they are able to do, nerdy hobbies (I don't mean consoomerizm), learning new languages, taking part in citizen science. As a campaign we could adopt the "It's OK to be white"-meme; It's OK to be an outcast. Like-minded people turn up as you pogress this path.

>>11378228
based p(/sci)cho
take this item: cloak of the plague doctor:
armour: 3
+5 to all resistances
150% damage to Undead