[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 185 KB, 340x360, OldPeddler.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11276018 No.11276018 [Reply] [Original]

Someone help. I have no justification to stop people I care about from buying supplements. I've heard they are useless, but I can't find sufficient evidence to prove either side. A routine Internet search just brings up a wall of pseudo-news "Are Vitamins Really Useful?" articles and no links to primary sources. The best I could do is

>https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/716521/routine-vitamin-supplementation-prevent-cancer-cardiovascular-disease-recommendations-rationale

and I couldn't find anything on fatty acid or probiotics.

>> No.11276025

>>11276018
You don't care about those people if you want to stop them from being healthy just because your schizo friends on /pol/ said that supplements are bad.
Protip: They're good.

>> No.11276129

>>11276025
>>11276025
The compilation I posted has several examples of academic studies on supplements. Aside from folic acid during pregnancy, they don't show consistent health benefits. Some helped, some harmed. I'm not convinced they're worth buying, but nor do I have conclusive evidence to stop people from blowing thousands of dollars a year on the medical equivalent of birthstones.