[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 373 KB, 1460x821, 484942ee309ec6dde3ba31f4a70f601368ea105c (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11174843 No.11174843 [Reply] [Original]

How smart are Elon and Peterson?
I want an answer independent of their rabid cults.

>> No.11174851

Why should anyone waste their time since you're just going to label any opinion you don't like as part of a rabid cult.
Aren't you getting a little too old for this? Aren't there some more important things in your life that deserve attention?

>> No.11174855

>>11174843
neither are very smart. elon is like one of those lucky semi-autists who got a lot of money so people suck up to him as if he were smart when really he acts pretty retarded a lot of the time. i consider him average-intelligence but above-average autism, so overall that makes him pretty dumb

peterson is "smart" if you consider humanities people. and even though psych is technically a science, really it is intellectually a humanity. and in humanities and psych, being right or wrong isn't actually an important thing. so if you can act/sound smart, that makes you smart, since there is no objective thing to check your intelligence according to. so he is at least smart enough to keep a job as well as cultivate a following. that makes him smart in his field. but when it comes to facts he is mostly wrong, so he is lucky that it doesn't matter in his field

>> No.11174860

>>11174851
Its best to get answers from an outsiders perspective I reckon.

Stop with the armchair psychology btw... Just because you can analyze something doesn't make it true.

>> No.11174864

>>11174851
Chill bro I'm just curious it's not like something I think about all day... Don't you ever get a small curiosity?

>> No.11174889

>>11174843
>Elon
paypal got him started
>Peterson
controversy gets anyone popular. Also he uses big words and talks about retarded shit.

both are severly retarded in my eyes..

>> No.11174895

>>11174843
I've never seen them do anything that you could indicate as 'unintelligent behaviour.'

I thought Elon was affluent when presenting for OpenAI, Neuralink, Tesla and SpaceX. He obviously has a grandiose collection of knowledge, which some may use to blindly discredit him because his interest fields rear towards those common with 'pseudo-intellectuals', same goes with Peterson. I've never seen anyone argue beyond that niche. overall this kind of thing is pretty plebshit i dont know why i bothered responding

>> No.11174907
File: 53 KB, 576x454, Elon_Musk_Worship.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11174843

>their rabid cults

>> No.11174913

>>11174843
Neither really smart, from two I would say Peterson is smarter, he is clinical psychologist with some recognition.
Elon on the other hand is jut lucky kid of rich parents, who has little knowledge, but has quite good skills at manipulating stocks by creating his "Real Life Tony Stark" persona. He takes Sci-Fi shit and sells it to gullible nerds who want to believe in magical machines, that would just work, also add to it his care for ENVIRONMENT and he is perfect type of hero for modern day people who don't know better.
>He keeps Tesla afloat only thanks to memes
>SpaceX is pretty much 90s technology (McDonnell Douglas rocket) but thanks to other advancement it's actually reasonable economically
>HyperLoop is a BIG FAT MEME, it won't have throughput of train while being to expensive to compete with planes
>Loop company is straightforward scam when he lies that they dig cheaper tunnels, when in reality they dig at market rates but don't invest in necessary infrastructure to make them safe or actually useful to public.
>Mars colony won't happen

>> No.11174923

>>11174843
I know here on reddit science sitting in a basement doing math is the only real measure of intelligence but you dont end up being in charge of two of the most well liked,innovative and among the biggest tech companies on the planet by 'just being lucky' or 'just have well to do parents'. he clearly has talent for management, hiring and marketing.

>> No.11174933

https://youtu.be/Ra3fv8gl6NE

Just look at comments and listen to what he says.
It's typical speak of people who lack knowledge and just use smart words to look smart.
People easily fall for it, just read comments.
> Creepy that it looks like he is thinking really hard to answer Joe's questions. Like he already knows,but he doesnt want to scare the shit out of us

So sad

>> No.11174938

>>11174923
He isn't dumb that's for sure, he knows how to manipulate people, but that doesn't make him particularly smart as well.

>> No.11174942

>>11174895
Its okay to find enjoyment in pleb curiosities

>> No.11174946

>>11174938
Again theres plenty of manipulative people (all women for example) but almost none of them end up doing more then just running schemes on some local town or church. you dont end up in charge of spacex,signing contracts with NASA and making ESA piss their pants by not being supremely skilled at something. what ever that is is debatable but denying it is just reddit tier ' i couldve been elon if only i want poor thanks to evil capitalists' type drivel

>> No.11174967

>>11174946
Well you are right, his way of manipulating people is supreme. The way he used Hyperloop, boring company and his other projects to pump hype around Tesla is outstanding. All the time people starts doubting him, he comes up with new shit, but to be honest I doubt he can keep this up for much longer. The women from theranos also kept getting away for a little bit. Elon is just a little bit smarter, and he also invest in things that are possible, but I doubt he is smarter than typical college graduate.

>> No.11174971

>>11174923
anon, just look at the successful tech guys
>gates
borderline autistic, 8/10 robot
>zuckerberg
borderline autistic, 10/10 robot
>larry page and sergey brin
borderline autistic, meh/10 robot
>jobs and wozniak
jobs was borderline autistic but brilliant at marketing, wozniak was hardware super autistic and too normie to get into corporate shilling

what i am getting at here is that there is an autism complex that causes sufferers to become abnormally obsessed with the next great tech industry money-maker. most people do not become fixated on that kind of thing. but some people do. hence your zuckerbergs and gateses. they are not normal guys. they are weird af. if that's what you want to become, go ahead, try your hand at that lottery. even the guys who win that lottery will probably end up forgotten -- gates tried to leave microsoft to start his legacy and what happened? the stock was crashing and he was in jeopardy of losing his entire fortune. so he got sucked back in. i can assure you -- as soon as Gates dies the entire company will fold and all his stockholders will lose all the money they have invested in that company. his children would only survive provided he diversified, and they'll turn out like all billionaire legacies, like the waltons, who basically 1/8th their wealth every generation.

in other words this obsession with amassing great wealth is basically a failed strategy. most dynasties die out within 1-2 generations because it is a stupid thing to give your children a billion dollars. based Warren Buffett realizes this and declined to enter into this stupid game. his kids will be relatively normal people with a trust fund that will only help them out in dire situations

>> No.11174975

Good chance a few of us at /Sci/ could have been a Gates or Zucc if born at the right time.

>> No.11175016

safe to say that they both have IQs of at least 120

>> No.11175019

>>11174843
not very. elon's probably smarter but he's even farther up his ass than peterson

>> No.11175024

>>11175016
Peterson has gone on record saying his IQ is "somewhere north of 150"

I would guess that accurately applies to Musk

>> No.11175034

>>11175024
Everyone lies

>> No.11175037

>>11175024
Being high IQ doesn't mean anything. What are you going to do with it? You either think a lot or you're severly depressed.

>> No.11175038

>>11175037
Peterson happens to be very depressed

Thinking leads to a cycle of depression

>> No.11175039

>>11175037
C O P E

>> No.11175046

>>11175039
I know we are annoymous. So, you have a high iq or you like high iq people and give him lots of respect?

If you have high iq and brag about it, its no different from being rich and bragging about it.

Cope what? I really don't think humans aren't smart even if you have a 180 IQ. What are you going to do with it? Either you brag about it or you make a difference in the world.

All /sci/ does is brag and intellectually masturbate while some politician or bussiness retard uses your high iq to profit off you.

>> No.11175054

>>11175024
He said that his verbal IQ was substantially higher than his spatial, explain why he's a pseud.

>> No.11175055

>>11175046
Having a high IQ isnt a guarantee you will be successful but having a low iq pretty much dooms you to mediocrity at best

>> No.11175105

>>11174971
Gates refuses to let his kids inherit his wealth. They each get something like $10 million upon his death, and the rest goes to some charity.

>> No.11175124

>>11175105
based commie Gates

>> No.11175181

>>11175055
>but having a low iq pretty much dooms you to mediocrity at best
what kind of retarded conclusion is this. Is having a high iq your only cope?

>> No.11175215

>>11174843
Peterson is very good at articulating things. He is also pretty smart, Sadly, his working level is low, working with special needs people. But someone's gotta do it.
I wish I had half his articulation. I must have spent 5 minutes just writing this shitty post.

>> No.11175223

>>11175215
He is articulate to defend himself from bullies as a kid. His work his not important to me. Not even freud or jung. I care about peoples "personal" lives. Once you understand their childhood and how someone talks to people off camera, you can truly understand.

Just by watching a youtube video, of course he is articulate. But it doesnt cure depression which he has and will never go away sadly.

>> No.11175225

>>11174913
>creating his "Real Life Tony Stark" persona.
Good description.

>He takes Sci-Fi shit and sells it to gullible nerds who want to believe in magical machines
Exactly. Same as this youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/MstrJames/videos
He was gonna make an "iron man" flying suit. But he's a fucking dumbass who never accomplishes anything.
I think I subscribed to that channel before it had many subscribers after watching a flashlight review or something, and then he starts catering to these retarded comic book nerds and all of the sudden he has fucking millions of subscribers. Very successful strategy. Marvel movies are hugely popular also. Same strategy musk uses. People really buy into that shit. Fucking retarded but good for them.