[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 644 KB, 720x1280, Screenshot_2019-10-19-15-36-43-86.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11073208 No.11073208 [Reply] [Original]

How do I know if I have the humble genius, the latent talent required to pursue learning on my own? I've never stopped being insecure about it. If I'm not very gifted, I should just leave it to more gifted, luckier people.

>> No.11073445

the onus is on you

>> No.11073800

If you can post on 4chan and write that, it means you must've gone to school at some point and learned a bit about a variety of subjects. Look for something that interests you and try to find the closest possible link between what you've already been taught and what you want to learn about. Then somehow try to work your way over to it by finding the easiest, yet most complete explanation of anything there.
I honestly doubt there are any subjects that are actually impossible for anyone to learn about.

>> No.11074739

You become one with the normal crowd. Go get high and die of aids, work a normal job for awhile and kill more brain cells until you stop caring.

>> No.11074926

>>11073208
Eudaemonia in the classical sense is basically a deterministic aspect of a person in the same way height or hair color is. Assuming you buy into it, it might be wasted should sufficient conditions to exercise or properly develop it fail to arise, but if you don't either accept that you need to work harder to achieve the same results as those that do or accept a humbler position more befitting your abilities. As far as determining whether or not you have latent talent, if you were in a position where it could be useful it would probably have been recognized by now. If not, you could actively put yourself through testing designed to find people with latent talent in certain areas and your best bet would probably be via the military if you're a NEET. This should probably be on /his/, though.

>> No.11074949

sum1 didnt ask