[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 36 KB, 802x497, Fibonacci.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1104908 No.1104908 [Reply] [Original]

I assume the frame rate for the universe is based off the movement of light. Light moves first and then a chain reaction follows based on light speed. So how many light movements are there before the smallest particle moves? How many movements does the smallest particle have before the second smallest moves? I have a clear picture of how this works in my head, but I'm hardly a scientist and I lack the vocabulary to describe what I'm imagining.

In my head it looks something like a base layer of light, then consecutive layers arranged on top. The light moves which in turn moves the other layers, similar to gears I suppose.

Picture more than likely related.

>> No.1104938

in b4 zeno's paradox

>> No.1104970

time is continuous, so there is no "frame rate"

>> No.1104985

>>1104970
Not since the 20s broski

>> No.1104995

Your idea doesn't work, because particles wouldn't be able to travel at near-light-speed, but we can observe them doing so. For instance if it took two light movements to move a particle, it could never move faster than 0.5c, right? But anything can be accelerated up to 0.9c and further, given enough energy.

>> No.1105019

>>1104995
So energy would be taken from one part of the chain and given to another?

>> No.1105029

>>1104970
This, though time is relative to the current percentage of the speed of light an object is moving.