[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 44 KB, 800x450, brainlettttt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11020058 No.11020058 [Reply] [Original]

Am I a retarded brainlet or do I need to stop being a bitch and try harder? I've done math up to calc 2 and didn't find it particularly difficult, but now I'm studying mech eng and I can't seem to get any of it. And it's only week 1. I have basically no knowledge of physics and they're throwing out physics concepts and it's confusing the heck out of me.

>> No.11020115

>goes into a heavy physics field without taking physics
yes you are a brainlet

>> No.11020130

Would you expect to read a book written in another language if you've hardly studied that language?

It's pretty much the same deal here. Imagine reading a high-level text while struggling with fundamentals of English grammar.

>> No.11020635

>>11020115
I did the maths courses that were listed as requirements for the degree and passed the entrance mathematics exam. They didn't cover much physics, though, just very basic stuff and very briefly. Didn't cover derived units, mechanics, electrical stuff, or anything else that's important in engineering.
>>11020130
Man I feel like I'm fucked. Everyone on my course has studied physics except for me.

>> No.11020647

>>11020635
>Everyone on my course has studied physics except for me.
Have you done a survey of the whole cohort? Sounds like an excuse to me.

Just learn by doing. Learn the necessary physics when needed. Obviously you need to work harder. Try Cal Newport stuff.

>> No.11020692

>>11020647
Our profs asked in class (people raised their hands) to quantify who has studied what. But yes buddy, I need to stop being a little bitch and get on with it.

>> No.11020716

Generally with something like this it's probably that somewhere along the way you are missing the fundmentals. You need to go back and review what you don't understand and work some problems. It's sort of a pain in the ass but it's not impossible.