[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 246 KB, 1920x1080, Near death note.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10932461 No.10932461 [Reply] [Original]

hello /sci/, my Nephew is 2.5 y.o. and will soon start going to day care. The more he ages, the more able to comprehend more complex stuff he becomes. I want to make him a non-NPC human. Sadly, his parents are NPCs (ESFJ father of 105 IQ, ISFJ mother of probably 105 IQ).

What education path should I create for him to not end up becoming a human trash?
So far, I've been focusing his attention to engineering & space related stuff (cars, planes, rockets, space, planets / stars). I'm also giving him more and more complex puzzles and allow him to struggle so that he can git gub. I'm thinking of later (when he gets like 6-9) to gift him a subscription to https://brilliant.org/ (or something similar) or perhaps make bait him with some simple JS apps to see if he likes programming, logic etc.
Lastly, is it possible for a offspring of the most NPC human category (xSFJ) with an average IQ of 105 to become a non-NPC? So far he seems smart enough (although he has no patience, which I deem to be a sign of low intelligence)

Any advice?

>> No.10932483

>>10932461
>What education path should I create for him to not end up becoming a human trash?

>Pre-school
Counting, adding, subtracting multiplying and dividing.
>Primary-school
Multiplication and adition of quotients, basic geometry, basic algebra, exponents, negative numbers, factoring, the pythagorean theorem, basic trig, exponential functions, linear equations, basic probability and statistics.
>Middle school
Function composition, Completing the square (and by extention quadratic equations and the quadratic formula), complex numbers and the complex plane, sequences and series, exponential functions and logaritms, systems of equations, cubic equations, the unit circle (this should include the major trig identities), calc 1 and 2 and probability with combinatorics.
>High school
Calc 3, linear algebra, ODEs, probability spaces, advanced statistics, basic topology, Fourier series, PDE's, cryptogrophy, real and complex analysis, diferential geometry, number theory, game theory and introduction to algebraic geometry.

>> No.10932486

>>10932461
>Believes in IQ.
>Believes in MBTI.
Brainlet.

Anyways, The most important thing is to keep him well-nutritioned. If don't want him to become retarded make sure to supply him with Iodine, Vitamin B1 and B12.

Since you care about IQ or whatever, Make him practice problem solving and shit that requires working memory.

>> No.10932500

>>10932486
>denies IQ while offering no substitute for quantifying population intelligence or even personality or directly challenging with any rigor
>assumes he can just handwave away landmark texts that usurp the credibility of Academia's NPC consensus like The Bell Curve
>assumes we're just going to forget the high corrolaries observed with populations that are low income, high debt, obese, high crime....
>ad hominem with no support
Isn't it funny how anti-IQ """"people""" always want to leave you in utter darkness?

>> No.10932520

>>10932461
You're there to plant seeds and inspirations.
Children can't do too much rigor without the emotional stability and ethos to perservere towards a fervent ideal. They learn by play, associations and background processing. Older kids can do work but only for an hour or 3 a day. You can't be the extra professor uncle who's going to fail him for a test on a class he never signed up for.
I suggest as for art like vaporwave, and vidya with trade screens or build phases, this is a vehicle to introduce platonic forms of concepts so they can understand something that their imagination will go wild. Give a kid Civ V or Civ 6. However this has to be exclusive of any games like Rapelay Anime Tiddies Murderfest 3000 Cawad00dies edition. This has to come from the parents abstaining from poisoning the kid's mind. I grew up with NPC parents and siblings in a cacaphony of them poisoning their minds. I had a "I'm on my own and at war with the world" attitude that kept me from giving into their suggestions. I have given my nephews just that little bit of emphasis when they watch Marvel movies or Angry Birds that they could be Red or Iron Man by sticking to truth even as a loner and working hard. Don't expect someone to be born your colleague.

>> No.10932545

>>10932483
NPC parents will literally scream, "YOU DONT PUT THOUGHTS INTO MY HEAD
YOU DONT PUT TH..."
and they will ferociously do everything they can to do the same to their children as they want another carbon copy not an autonomous free thinker writing his or her own destiny. They want someone dumber than them to control because to everyone else the NPC is the robot dummy knowing to some visceral though denied level that they're frustrated from never exercising agency. So any lessons you try to impart will be through sneaking past that barrier not challenging it. I've found that if you just go about it casually you can get a kid interested in a rubiks cube and if you have a whiteboard handy you can sneak flow charts or algorithms into the kid's head at a really intuitive level. Once that intuition and curiousity into being the author of your OWN mind is sparked the kid will challenge the NPC's chicktatorship and possibly be fueled by his other nephews drive and hopefully his online experience. As years go by, all tragedies will then dissolve the bonds that are weak and enforce the bonds that are strong. So always being a phone call away will keep the door open and the robots away.

>> No.10932573

>>10932520
yeah, one game I have in mind is the Bridge Constructor Portal to help him learn more about physics / engineering
>BRIDGE CONSTRUCTOR PORTAL - Walkthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWThmWwfvwM
>Give a kid Civ V or Civ 6.
Yeah, strategy games seem always a good and fun way to use one's mind
> However this has to be exclusive of any games like Rapelay Anime Tiddies Murderfest 3000 Cawad00dies edition.
I think his parents won't be total fuck-ups on that retard but I'll keep my eyes on it.

>>10932483
are there any good (and fun for children) online self-teaching platforms for these?
I'm thinking of Khan Academy. Brilliant.org also seems promising as a tool for getting kids to become interested in STEM-oriented knowledge.
If you have any in mind, post them. In general I don't trust his school to do any decent work. Ideally, I'd like him to build a self-teaching mentality about everything in life.

>> No.10932604

>>10932573
From the middle school stuff, up to and including ODE's khan accademy is a good source i think, before that i would just try to teach him myself (i would also do so for the other subjects but assuming you can't be with him atleast 10 hours a week he will need other sources) and after ODE's he should just hit the books, assuming he's already interested it shouldn't be a problem.
I would also reccomend more intuitive teachers, you've probably heard about it a million times but 3Blue one Brown has a really good series for introduction to calculus so once he gets there i would reccomend it.

>> No.10932656

>>10932461
Teach em truth tables and bloolean logic.

>> No.10932665
File: 117 KB, 1800x983, D6jx-DSWsAAQw-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10932461
A bunch of languages as soon as possible
he would get them FOR FREE if you are quick

>> No.10932679

>>10932461
Teach him programming and memorization techniques at all costs. That will work. Math too. Don't see if he likes it or not, nobody likes anything.

>> No.10932799

>>10932461
> 2 - 5 yrs old
Legos, tinker toys, house cleaning, educational videos, and delayed gratification
> 6 - 12
Scratch programming language, math, science, cooking, electronics, chemical experiments, finance, and learn solitude
> 13 - 16
learn pure CS and engineering from scratch, create a compiler, create a computer, create gadgets, literature, and philosophy
> 17 - 21
more solitude, autonomy, mastery, and inner struggle (geniuses are those who carve their own path)
> 22 - 30
genius level hard work and performance
> 31+
maintenance, power and resources accumulation, politics, and protecting assets

>> No.10932841

Other than educational stuff, you should put a good effort into giving him the right outlook on the world. Teach him to fight for what he wants, to not take shit from people but still be good etcetc. You catch my drift.

>> No.10932843

>>10932799
good advice. saved. thanks anon.

>> No.10932847

>>10932841
>Teach him to fight for what he wants, to not take shit from people but still be good etcetc.
definitely. I practice martial arts as a hobby and my brother is also an athletic freak, so we'll definitely make him a strong male.

>> No.10933089
File: 1.02 MB, 1118x630, 1534452318926.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10932799
>> 2 - 5 yrs old
>Legos
dude no

>> No.10933213

>>10932461
molest him to infuse him with your godly wisdom fluids

>> No.10933242
File: 77 KB, 814x500, 1446218882308.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just wish the UN would make background checks mandatory before couples can even think of forming a babby.
Goddamn most people are incredible bad at finding suiting partners or should simply not be allowed to reproduce.

>> No.10933845

> I want to make him a non-NPC human
I somehow feel like this isn't entirely the person his choice. There are a few natural traits which can greatly enhance this.

> programming, logic, math
Save that for when they get a bit older at teenage. Also a lot of these subjects will initially feel dull for a kid since a kid won't see the application at all. They will not appreciate programming because likely whatever they program you can already find an exe for somewhere on the web so they don't appreciate the creative nature of it since they don't really see or experience it. Kids have no patience for these things because they're dull and boring. Not a miracle every kid hates school lol, the tings you learn are not interesting.

I've a niece that's also young (recently turned 5) but she probably will be retarded. My sister married a complete dumbfuck who probably has some inbreeding going on in his family (Christian sect / idiocy). I don't think there is anything in my power I can do to make her not retarded. She can't talk properly I can hardly understand her and all adults around her talk to her in retarded voices. With retarded voices I mean those high pitched annoying noises as if you're talking to a retard (you're talking to a little person in development, not a little retard idk why people do this).

>> No.10933855

>>10932461
Prevent him from becoming a cumbrain. Intellect doesn't matter if it is squandered on attaining some miserable pleasure that leads to habit then control over life course.

>> No.10933859

>>10933855
This. Never let him use social media or image boards (although i doubt he will use the ladder anyways)

>> No.10933868

>>10932483
retard

>Pre-school
couting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, INTRO TO PROOFS, basic algebra, basic geometry, exponents, negative numbers, basic trig, exponential functions, linear equations
>Primary School
Advanced proofs, College Trigonometry, Colleg e Algebra, Calc I&II&III, Real Analysis, Functional Analysis
>Middle school
Maths Undergraduate degree from an Ivy League school, online
>High School
Maths PhD completed

And then your child is ready for the world.

>> No.10933883

>>10933868
This.

>> No.10934690

>>10933855
>Prevent him from becoming a cumbrain.
I agree. I have also suffered in the past from the cumbrain condition, thus I'm well aware of it.
>>10933859
>Never let him use social media
It's impossible to have that much control over a child. But I'll certainly try to educate him about the cancerous nature of social media, so hopefully, he'll avoid them on his own.

>> No.10934692

>>10934690
>It's impossible to have that much control over a child
wat
do you know what a firewall is
only tards give their children unfiltered access to the internet, you know you would have been less fucked up if you hadn't been masturbating to gore as a kid

>> No.10934708

>>10934692
What I meant to say is that it's a bad strategy to just ban access to certain stuff, especially when all of his schoolmates / friends will be using them. This will only damage his relation with his parents and push him towards becoming a renegade retard.

That being said, I think that a combination of those (restricting access AND educating him about why he should avoid them like plague) is the best way to go.

>> No.10934821

>>10932461
>Sadly, his parents are NPCs
It's over. IQ is genetically determined.

>> No.10934853

>>10934821
so? I'm not asking how to make him a genius but how to make him a decent human / not human trash. A person of average intelligence can still be a decent man, if raised properly.

>> No.10934860

>>10934853
>105 IQ
>not subhuman trash
good luck with that

>> No.10934911

>>10934853
Try and reinforce and develop his competitive side. Thats what a lot of people in this thread are missing. When I was a kid I wanted to be a genius simply because I wanted to be better than everyone else. Once he's like that you won't have to do much to help him. He'll want to learn on his own.
But hey I have no clue how to raise a kid so maybe don't listen to me.

>> No.10936410

>>10932665
this

>> No.10936417

>>10932461
want to help that child? do whatever you can to prevent him from interacting with people that use the term npc

>> No.10937133
File: 376 KB, 1500x1000, cringe npc words.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10936417

>> No.10937151

>>10932799
>cooking
This. They'll get a good understanding of dependencies, non-commutativity, cause and effect, state changes etc. It's especially good when an understanding of the functional role of the ingredients and processes are understood.

>> No.10937155

>>10937151
>are understood.
is achieved

>> No.10937181
File: 66 KB, 726x750, numalenooooooooo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10936417

>t.

>> No.10937193

>>10937133
>using words
What a normie I communicate in binary encoded in Morse code using clicking noises my tongue makes that can be interpreted with the ASCII character set.

>> No.10937215

>>10937133
this pic lacks
>asshole
>am I the asshole?

>> No.10937218

>>10932461
mbti is pseudoscience

>> No.10937301

>>10932461
just make him do something (intelligence related) that he finds fulfilling on multiple levels. ie. play video games while being encouraged to win at video games. child psychology is simple because they're usually not insane yet.

>> No.10937305

>>10932461
Fostering emotional intelligence in a child is far more important.

>> No.10937363

>>10937305
Yeah, to make sure you get a nice leftist drone

>> No.10937383
File: 45 KB, 647x644, 1567394625655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10937363
You've barely scratched the surface. If you liken 'IQ' to intelligence, and intelligence to success, then you have seen nothing but the tip of the iceberg. I'd wager that having a high EQ is much more important than having a high IQ, because success in life requires good people skills. Those with can navigate socially in life are far more likely to succeed than 140-150 IQ autist bums, even if they are one or two standard deviations below.

>> No.10937427

>>10937383
>having a high EQ is much more important than having a high IQ
>success in life requires good people skills
Except that's wrong. EQ doesn't determine your people skills, and neither does IQ. EQ just determines your emotional """intelligence""", aka how much you care about other people.

It's better to foster a high IQ and teach them to be good with people but not have a high EQ, so that they can get to where they want to be but not be weighed down by "hur save the african children!".

>> No.10937507

>>10932461
>how maximize the efficiency of a child's mind
I taught my baby sister 4 operator math by the time she was four years old. She managed to forget it all when she learned the school's way. Infuriates me to no end because their way requires years to learn (Deep South demographics) rather than the week it took me to get it done.

>> No.10937524

>>10937507
I could have completed all of middle and highschool math in probably 6 months max. Instead they drag it out and teach you shit techniques in a shit way that take years because "no child left behind!".

>> No.10937534

Don’t forget board games OP.

Unironically Pokemon Cards and Magic too.

>> No.10938750

>>10932500
based

>> No.10938796

Ignore everyone in this thread.

Teach him to appreciate music of all forms and play either piano or drums. The dexterity required for these skills are immense and will hone his focus. Have him play soccer so he can better articulate his feet. The more abstract he can treat his limbs the more brain processing he'll have, the more connected he'll be to his entire body, as well as abstract thinking which is required for music. Get him into flashcards and self quizzing his memory asap so it becomes second nature. Math comes after he can memorize and synthesize information creatively. Get him into a second language first, preferably. Math before will just make him a soulless robot. Make sure to teach him everything you can about emotional control and self reflection and empathy. The better he can understand other people the better he can understand, change, and control himself. Get him into hunting and camping and fishing, outdoor survival teach you a plethora of skills that are important for growth.These skills alone will better prepare him than 99% of people.

>> No.10938798

>>10932461
imagine your parents are retarded and your uncle is an enginigger sperg taking advice from 4channel schizos on how to better mold you into a 120 iq cubicle worker.

>> No.10938827

>>10937383
This anon is correct.

>>10937383
You're a fucking idiot

>> No.10938855

>>10932461
>just give him puzzles and teach him things then he wont be an npc

>> No.10939546

>>10932545
is this a copypasta