[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 95 KB, 1000x656, The Elephant's Foot of the Chernobyl disaster, 1986 (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10835574 No.10835574 [Reply] [Original]

I know a situation like this would be very stupid but, I find radiation and its symptoms on our body very fascinating.
I wanted to know if there's any sort of case of radiation poisoning that's been recorded on video, showing the effects of exposure on the body as they appear. It sounds like it would be pretty morbid but I'd still like to see it. Any leads?

>> No.10835593

>>10835574
>video
It's not like you can watch them transforming in real time. There are plenty of pictures of the different visible damages caused by radiation, but I think what you're asking for would only work if someone kept a video camera on a patient for months' straight and then did a time lapse of it. And no, I don't believe anyone has done that. Wouldn't be that different from just looking at the pictures regardless though.

>> No.10835602 [DELETED] 

kys soiboy

>> No.10835607

>>10835574
Hisashi Ouchi of Tokaimura Japan recieved a fatal dose of radiation during a criticality accident. He was kept alive for months.

Basically all his skin fell off and he shit out his intestinal lining. The genetic material in his cells was destroyed completely. He got a blood transfusion from his sister but the new white blood cells mutated and became cancerous or something because being exposed to high levels of radiation will actually ionize elements in the body, which means your insides become radioactive. Not like he could have survived anyway since his cells could no longer replenish themselves because of the aforementioned annihilation of his chromosomes.

>> No.10835611

>>10835607
yea i heard of his case, from what i know he got extremely nauseous and burns started appearing shortly after exposure. a really sad aftermath, apparently he was kept alive even after stating hed rather be killed.

>> No.10835614

>>10835602
i tried man but failed 4 times over the years

>>10835593
i imagined so thanks!

>> No.10835927

>>10835611
Apparently he was close to dying a few times aswell, such as his heart stopping, only to be restarted so that he could be kept alive for longer.