[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 135 KB, 645x729, 1512374903194.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10723924 No.10723924 [Reply] [Original]

How do neurons become connected based on stimulation from the bodily peripherals? How do memories become formed and then accessed to create a template for further neuronal connections? I try to think of neurons in terms of electrical components but it doesn't really work since neurons are so flexible and there seems to be so much redundancy. I just don't get how some information can be so readily transcribed in the brain and recalled later to be built upon further. It's actually crazy when you think about it. Also, why the fuck do I keep remembering things from dreams I had years ago?

>> No.10723954

I'm only a undergrad biomedfag but,
>How do neurons become connected based on stimulation from the bodily peripherals?
Stimulation triggers action potential in sensory neurons that fire only the peripheral nervous system until it reaches the brain
How do memories become formed and then accessed to create a template for further neuronal connections?
Memories are formed by synapses in the hippocampus, during the night you brain shorts through the memories of the day of what to get rid of and what to store in Long term memory. The more you recall a memory the more mylenated it becomes making it easier for the electrochemical signals to go through