[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 73 KB, 960x720, XRayAbsSpec.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10718568 No.10718568 [Reply] [Original]

What's a fun field to study and write bachelor's thesis in Physics?

>> No.10718573

OP here.
For those who actually open my thread, please help me out.
so I studied physics for 2 years. And then I lost my spark. It just wasn't fun and interesting anymore. It was around the time I actually tried working in the field. Pic related, I worked in laboratory who would study Xray absorption spectroscopy using reverse monte carlo thingy.
The idea of doing science was fun, but sitting in front of computer 9-5 was not fun.
Anyone been in similar situation where you just lost your passion for doing science? How do I get back on track

>> No.10718610

>>10718568
>>10718573

>It just wasn't fun and interesting anymore

all of the physics?
there must be something which still fascinates you, read around a bit, expand your boundaries, you will find what you seek.
or you can do the exact opposite, delve into the very specific and you'll find endless unsolved problems and complications.

>> No.10718666

>>10718573
Sounds like you fell for the "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" shit without any grasp of what science entails. Even the LHC guys are mostly just crunching numbers in front of a computer; this is not unique to spectroscopy. You got owned epic style.