[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 300 KB, 1280x1280, OvergrownRoach.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10628554 No.10628554 [Reply] [Original]

I just started my bsc, I'm about to have tests in a month and I wanted to ask you all how much I should be studying.

>> No.10628640

Don't study. Instead just make tests from the previous years 1 or 2 days before your test until you have practiced all problems. Then you'll ace the tests without studying.

As someone that has graduated already remember that partying, socializing and networking is the most important part of your education. The tests are secondary.

Who you know and your connections is going to decide your income. So make sure to maximize the amount of people you get to know.

>> No.10628647
File: 119 KB, 392x379, cantintosuicide.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10628640
I mean I can find loads of available positions for the field that I'm going into but they never mention the required grades other than some mundane shit about having the bsc

>> No.10628663

>>10628647
It means there aren't any required grades. It's more important to be good with people and to know people.

Do you know what recruiters actually look for during interviews? If you are going to match well with the team and are a sociable person that is nice to be around.

They don't give a fuck about grades.

>> No.10629051

>>10628554
study your ass off because its not like you are spending the time better anyway. I studied only to pass the exams with as little effort as possible and thinking back I wasted all that time browsing 4chan or playing video games. its not about studying just the things oyu do in uni. study extra what you deem important, build your willpower. that will be much more valuable

>> No.10629252

>>10628663
Absolutely this. I graduated with a Bsc. in chemistry with a GPA of 2.6 and recently got a job as a senior research associate at a very prestigious pharmaceutical company. I got the job because one of my good friends I partied with in University happened to be working there and he put in a good word for me. Grades are fine and all but make sure you network because that's what matters in the long run.