[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 33 KB, 645x588, e02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10551536 No.10551536 [Reply] [Original]

I've recently been really struggling with fear of death. However if I imagine I'm diagnosed with a terminal illness and going to die in a week I feel massive amount of peace and relaxation. I still intervene in extreme danger situations with zero fear even though that is what started me worrying in the first place.

So why is death so scary to me in everyday safe life yet when it comes to a situation, thought experiment or real, where death seems likely I don't give a fuck?

>> No.10551606

>>10551536
Your probably more worried about what other people think than fearing death and ruminating on negative thoughts leading to panic attacks. When you accept death as a reality you find peace because nothing really matters in the face of death.
Practice meditation, mindfulness, sleep more, eat healthy, exercise and you'll feel better.

>> No.10551613

>>10551536
In the end the universe will end, how would an immortal you prevent that?

>> No.10551623

>>10551613
How do you know we can't create a new universe, time travel, reverse entropy or some other shit in 1 billion years?