[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 121 KB, 1462x2046, dumby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10531596 No.10531596 [Reply] [Original]

WHY DOES COLLEGE HAVE TO BE SO STRESSFUL! I JUST WANT A JOB!

>> No.10531601

>>10531596
Drop out. Become an electrician's apprentice.

>> No.10531605

Drop out wash dishes you'll Fucking love it in a dead end job in your dead end life or you could well hot disgusting and dangerous

>> No.10531609

>>10531605
Why is college the only metric for success and work ethic.

>> No.10531623

Same Anon after thought or you can get an education in electronics repair only to find out that because of predatory business practices like and samsmug with their TVs and repair cost treatment and policy's that your job you just went to school for is now entirely almost obselete outside of an obscure company I just happened to run into by chance out of nowhere at a doctors office and almost lost the business card and have yet to call them

Anon complete your college work and stop complaining I would give anything to trade places with you and currently looking forward to military service in order to afford a science education life is shit you should be happy you have it well enough that you can go to college
Meanwhile I wash dishes and drive my only pride and joy that took over six months to save up for but by no means would afford an education that could be sustainable on the level of study I will personally require and go to school example if we're to continue working two job washing dishes on call at an outback and a cafe in the morning

>> No.10531634

>>10531623
I've been a spoiled brat all my life and people always say it could be worse, but let me tell ya, life aint that great even when my parents pay for my school

>> No.10531640

>>10531596
>college
>stressful
imagine being this naïve

>> No.10531646

>>10531609
It opens up the door to higher business opportunities depending on the education you plan on getting for example a business degree=Starbucks
A degree in physics and thesis's sorounding quantum physics you can definitely proceed to remain employeed on some level until you die and get paid for your publications and collaborations

See the end goal is to find an education that befits your ideal scenario in a similar fashion something that isn't ordinarily prevalent driving up it value and difficult but master able something you can do and get handsomely for that requires a higher learning I mean there are other things than being a physicist
Admittedly though it's my choice I would assume that there is something else via the nature of stastics

>> No.10531650

>>10531634
Dude are you kidding me my mom got my electronics repair ed paid for and I still think about how handy it is

>> No.10531658

Sorry for the horrible grammar I'm high as FUCK I love and am trying to accept that I must quit one of 3 true loves in this world and that would obviously be smoking

>> No.10531659
File: 551 KB, 365x400, 1553012612241.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I Fucking did again

>> No.10531660

Goddammit I single handedly killed this thread

>> No.10531887

I dropped out of high school and I'm making $40,000 a year because of my experience as a violin instructor. The only thing you need to succeed in life is charisma and a modicum of intelligence, realizing what is a want vs a need. Anything else is a lie.
>>10531601
This is the most practical path. It will pay vastly better than most options.
>>10531609
>Why is college the only metric for success and work ethic.
Who told you this? You are the only person saying this.
>>10531640
>auschwitz
>stressful
This is how stupid you sound. Colleges are institutions just like any other group of people, if you do not fit in then it WILL be stressful. My highschool friends ended up attending MIT and Stanford while I made the mistake of thinking small schools were okay. What they don't tell you about small schools is that not only will you be surrounded by idiots, but the professors are idiots too.

>> No.10532189

>>10531887
currently at a school similar to MIT/Stanford. You're still surrounded by idiots they just so happen to be able to handle academics. So many kids in CS/engineering who think that after attending a prestigious college they will be promised a prestigious job. Most kids from here end up working at the same company they would've worked at if they had just went to their state school.

Also, so many barista degrees. Imagine going to Stanford or Harvard for a history degree or something equally as useless. That's more retarded than kids who go to some small shitty state school and do well in STEM.

>> No.10534101

>>10532189
Shitty state school is definitely the best place to study stem.

>> No.10534881

>>10532189
A history degree may be fairly useless, but it's definitely not as bad as something like women's studies or something. Getting a history degree from harvard would probably give you a decent chance for employment in something history related, but the pay is another story.