[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 97 KB, 500x328, respek-my-name-nigga-belieive-dat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10518407 No.10518407 [Reply] [Original]

2 examples from the uk

>be me, 3A*
>from abusive family who constantly say I shouldn't bother with uni, am retarded etc
>never have the confidence to apply anywhere higher than AAA

>best friend, resit years twice ended up with CCC
>Upper class parents repeatedly sent him back
>When he fucked his exams just got sent on a foundation year at a good uni

Can think of loads more from secondary but can't be arsed writing them out on phone. Basically everyone at my good to great uni has come from upper middle class homes. Anyway whether you go to uni/which uni you go to seems way more to do with your parents than anything else.

>> No.10518427

>>10518407
It's a big issue in further education, and even more so in the UK where we don't really have racial segregation but clear class ones. It's a symptom of the fptp system we have where rich constituencies who vote rich look after the rich. I'm not saying I hate the rich, just saying there needs to be a more proportional system in place to start seeing a more fair society.

I agree with you anon. I came out with three As and a B before there were results by mean and A*s (my cousin got an A in chemistry with 66% last year, but when I sat it and got 87 it was an A and 66 would have been a C). I went to uni and every girl I dated or fucked had to rich parents. Every guy I made friends with had a family which went skiing every year. I'm struggling to support myself because I was from a working class family who had to rent their house.

>> No.10518431
File: 109 KB, 588x823, pinjak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10518407
>>never have the confidence to apply anywhere higher than AAA
>never even tried but you'll blame the world for your lack of success

>> No.10518479

>>10518407
>never have the confidence to apply anywhere higher than AAA
faggot

>> No.10519000

>>10518407
yeah, it's really unfair that i had to pay 500k to get my retarded kid into school, it's all because the blacks and mexicans are taking his spot