[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 28 KB, 324x291, 717.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10489666 No.10489666 [Reply] [Original]

>tesla source code stolen by chink and given to chinese car company xpeng

You'd think companies would wise up and be more careful entrusting sensitive information to chinks.

soon they'll be able to mass produce electric cars with help from the government cheaper than tesla. tesla will probably be put in a position where they have to sell gigafactory 3

Its only down for telsa starting today.

Prove me wrong.

>> No.10489682

China has a habit of stealing data and then using it wrong, making an item that's a death trap as they fail to apply it.
For example, the code in the tesla is specifically build to be used with the design and construction of the overall Tesla. The chinks will probably end up making some modifications to make it cheaper but then it will make it so that the car can't handle things that would be fine on a real Tesla and the thing will fall apart.
I agree though, every major company should be smart enough now to not trust Chinese to ever enter any of their labs or warehouses under any circumstances.

>> No.10489857

>>10489666
>stolen

Didn't Musk release a bunch of stuff from patent recently anyway?

>> No.10489892

>>10489666
it's probably not real code or not important code. it's been very clear and openly discussed for at least 10 years that any and all chinese citizens are under obligation to extract and repartriate any industrial or other information they can get their hands on. In my fvey country your defence contractor would hire iranian citizens a-ok, but you would never ever see a person with any chinese ancestry anywhere fucking near that place. chinese people don't even try to deny this if you talk to them, so i see it as unlikely that a company run by someone who's had that much dealing with government and also is just generally informed, would put this person in a position to access actual commercial-in-confidence code

>> No.10489926

>>10489857
Not the source code of autopilot.

>> No.10490187

>>10489666
As far as I've heard their software is so bad it's hard to keep track of what does what. It'll take a lot of time to understand and implement that infinitely stacked piece of crap.

>> No.10491977

It doesn't matter, nothing matters