[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 73 KB, 630x480, 1418109645128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10483203 No.10483203 [Reply] [Original]

What's /sci/'s opinion on tulpas? Some people seem to think they're something paranormal or metaphysical (tulpa threads started on /x/) but I'm sure they're something purely psychological. Do you guys know what they are? Do you have a theory on how they work? Can we have a conversation about them?

>> No.10483330

>>10483203
my theory would be that somehow you dissociate 2 parts in your brain, or at least change some connections so that they almost don't interact together
Although it seems kind of really surprising that the brain can modify THAT much.

I'd like to see Tulpas IRM of visuals area while interracting with the tulpa VS not interracting, but I'm pretty sure no one did h
this before

>> No.10483345

>>10483203
I think they are real. The brain is a very powerful thing, and if you constantly "try" to create something, I believe some people are capable of doing so. I mean obviously it is completely fictitious except for that person, an imaginary friend basically, but why wouldnt it be possible? It's a slippery slope to mental illness though

>> No.10483432

>>10483345
Do you think they are actually sentient or just appear sentient to the host because he's deluding himself?

>> No.10483497

Actual tulpafag here. They're not some "entity" that you summon. It isn't some dark magic. It's literally an imaginary friend that is just more autonomous and independent from you.

>>10483432
You are correct to some extent. Even the host can't prove a tulpa's sentience and the only way for a tulpa to be tangibly sentient is for the host to believe it is. Since it's happening noly in one's head it isn't disprovable and it depends completely on the host's perception of it.

>> No.10483626

>>10483203
A legit tulpa is an imaginary friend. If it starts doing real world stuff though, it's either CIA mkultra satellite mind control or a demon.

>> No.10483637

balance sheet

I think it's more like keeping to attention and not letting the things around you get the best of you no matter how enticing they may seem or how interesting they may get. It eventually derides a process or something and the deluge goes into node. It's succint but its impractical to devow the use of it as anything other than a list with inference for more than one variable. It's paradigm. For shifting.

Tulpa I guess can mean paradigm in another language, maybe. But not shifting. There is no order taking place.

>> No.10483649

>>10483637
Kys?

>> No.10484387

I tried making one but I failed

>> No.10485072
File: 193 KB, 1280x880, 14244366.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a 10th grade dropout visiting from /x/, so pardon if this is merely a poorly written schizophrenic rant to your /sci/ guys~

In esoteric and even Jungian understanding of the psyche 'unconscious spirit' is water. That is, in terms of the 'As above, so below' strata thing the cosmic(collective unconscious) archetype which manifests as physical liquid water is the same archetype manifesting on the psychic layer of reality as this "Spirit". It's analogous but distinct, univocal. It can be considered to behave as such.

Using intent, ritual, sigil, prayer, any method of 'charging' symbols beyond the filter of the ego is like placing an object within the water which then generates the patterns and flows it's symbols dictate. With something like a tulpa you want a circulating current or whirlpool. That flow is the thing-it-itself of the tulpa we'd experience. We can only be conscious of the manifestations it's flows cause upon the conscious and physical reality(Unus mundus).

It will function based on what objects you have dictating it's flows, You could tell it to become smarter, sentient, to expand and strengthen it's flows, etc. and it would try. It's easy for their functions to get off track, difficult to create a perfect balance. That's why people make their own language of desire, so the objects you 'charge' don't get blended with meanings from other abstract relations.

This explains the general principal behind sigil magic too.