[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 108 KB, 450x494, fb2017ebdbb73cee5bd4b6237748eb7c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10482340 No.10482340 [Reply] [Original]

Let's go blaze it fellow burnouts.
Me first:
"God does not play dice", perhaps this statement from Einstein is an anti-nominalist rebuke of quantum mechanic's accordance with reality. Wikipedia claims this was in defense of classical causation and determinism. I am amused to speculate the former claim in growth by exercise. The common interpretation appears to be that Einstein is making denying the phenomenological reality of chance. I dare speculate that this is a mistranslation and that this is actually an ontological rebuke from Einstein
Einstein seems to have stirred up a controversy My first inclination, is to believe this is a trivial controversy that does not share novelty with QM. Rather it has been oft repeated from way back when latin. Another blunder orchestrated by epistemic confusion in the problem of universals. That is to say, "God does not play dice" is an assumed epistemological claim to ontological realism.
That claim feels logically good(proof by abduction) if I speculate from what I fancy Einstein's confusion to be like. The key here is Einstein's use of 'God' to stake his claim to realism. Here it seems that theological niavity is the culprit. You need to understand is that Einstein is positing God as the phenomenological ground of reality. He is blind as he does not know what God is exactly. But he couldn't be more familiar, he lived all his life in God, that is to say Life itself.
Out of no-thing, pure potential, Life emerged. Carrying inside it, embryonic Mind, the evolving reality that grows as everything we have learned and everything we love, Life's muse. Yes, matter is mind, as are all things. But QM is a description of no-thing, it is no less than the animated potential Life emerged from, no less than God's soul. We are inside a vessel and may only speculate on our surroundings through clues we can find on the inside. Of course we can not be certain, like we can be in God, chance is the only absolute thing about truth.

>> No.10482347

If only Einstein had learned what *we* now know(and know *we* don't know) about the Life of living, he would have had the rhetorical means to guess at the riddle.

>> No.10482350

Einstein's greatest blunder is still considered a blunder for a reason

>> No.10482358

>>10482340
Friedrich Nietzsche — 'I would only believe in a god who could dance.'

I also think dice is a reasonable passtime for God.

>> No.10482377
File: 127 KB, 403x403, w_heisenberg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From da fada o' QM.

>> No.10482494

>>10482340
Is this vagina?

>> No.10482498

>>10482494
tec support here abot your expired windows license