[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 33 KB, 645x588, e02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10398209 No.10398209 [Reply] [Original]

I have basically worked 7 days a week 8 am to 9 pm for over 5 years, with probably about 25 days off a year. My grades/university are exceptional, but I honestly don't think it was worth it. No gf, no hobbies, no fun, lost most my enthusiasm in the subject, just work work work.

>Why do you do it
Started off cause grew up in poverty, then started wanting to do better and better, now just can't stop

>> No.10398218

>>10398209
Work hard enough to get upper mid grades, say top 25% of your class, make a good impression on potential employers and socialize.

>> No.10398248

>>10398209
>I have basically worked 7 days a week 8 am to 9 pm for over 5 years, with probably about 25 days off a year. My grades/university are exceptional, but I honestly don't think it was worth it. No gf, no hobbies, no fun, lost most my enthusiasm in the subject, just work work work.
>>Why do you do it
>Started off cause grew up in poverty, then started wanting to do better and better, now just can't stop
not science or math

>> No.10398254

>>10398209
Family, friends and hard work are the things that matter in life anon. Now that you have your grades try and spread out a bit. You did good.

>> No.10398811

>>10398209
i get perfect grades at a great uni and have fun doing it
sure i don't have "hobbies" and i only spend a little bit of time for friends, but i'm still enthusiastic about it
if you can't love something when you're doing it all the time, you shouldn't be studying to do it for the rest of your life

>> No.10398825

Better than me anon, junior in comp engineering with a 2.8 GPA. However I already have an internship and published a paper with my research group so that plus my being a white American means I'll probably be well off, but I don't feel fulfilled since I've never really worked hard for anything.

>> No.10398841

>>10398209
How are you still in school if you've been doing this for 5 years?

>> No.10399257

/gradecuck/ here
feelsbadman, have a gf but it's hard to make time for her and give her the attention she deserves
Lucky she's understanding about it and respects what I'm trying to do though. Hopefully you're at least learning useful stuff and you really shouldn't regret it, you worked hard and you probably wouldn't have those things either way anyway.

>> No.10399506

>>10398825
Why dont you try giving it your all? if thats the only thing between you and fulfillment that is.