[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 44 KB, 800x450, brainlettttt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10397173 No.10397173 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone have tips for studying cell biology? I wasted my whole weekend living life instead of studying and now I'm scared for this exam this week. It's largely about mechanisms for protein tagging/transport/translation and all that jazz which is all pretty intuitive. It'd just remembering these goddamn specific proteins and shit I can't stand. Fucking microbiology, this is just 4 years of memorization. Every normal person is just premed and will never use this again and me and a few sperg friends I have are the only ones I know who want to go to grad school and keep doing research in this shit. Maybe we're the real brainlets?? Idk i think neuroscience might be for retards who did too many drugs fuck me fuck I'm gonna have to sacrifice so many animals in this next experiment academia is a fucking machine do I really want to keep being a cog in it?? Why didn't I stay in chemical engineering? Will understanding the opioid system of a social animal used in research and its role in social bonding behavior and what not really help anyone??? Probably not!! OH my fuck I try so hard tho. Hold me anons

>> No.10397187

>>10397173
Chemical engineering is worse.

>> No.10397191

>>10397187
It just seemed like increasingly difficult plug and chug general chemistry in a program literally funded by big oil companies that come and talk to us every week.
Got Bs in the classes strung out on the hardest of drugs but then again that was probably just retard first year classes + methtard memorization.
I guess I'm pretty sure I don't want to work in oil or manufacturing so maybe I made the right choice. Affective altruists seem to think microbiology has the most potential to help people and I just wanna help people but I think I might just end up doing horrible animal research instead.

>> No.10397201
File: 66 KB, 644x500, 1514337071020.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We need a disillusioned biology major wojack