[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 162 KB, 1024x681, 1549362804972.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10390074 No.10390074 [Reply] [Original]

Ever since I started getting stoned, I have been thinking abstractly about the physical world. I knew I would one day stumble upon a concept which would change my view on everything. This is not to say I was the first to think of said concept, but my originality in discovering it for myself should not be diminished. It was the fundamental question - solipsism. Was I the only source of cognizance in reality/the universe/totality/whatever? I had now reached an impasse. I realised that the solipsism question could not be answered, and that it was, ironically, the most important question. It pulls the rug from under scientific rationalism. Science doesn't even concern itself with it. This is a great flaw in false empiricism. The "facts only, ma'am" attitude of scientism is seriously lacking in intellectual honesty. You don't even have an answer for the most important question, you arrant knaves! You can say "well, science deals with the quantifiable and the measurable" and I would agree. I would also postulate that it has no real explanatory power beyond the realm of its descriptive language of mathematics. An atheistic scientist strikes me as the biggest fool of all - totally without abstract reasoning and an arrogant shit to boot. They must actually believe in a solipsistic universe because they certainly don't see beyond their own little minds.

>> No.10390178

>>10390074
Sure, whatever

>> No.10390184

>>10390074
how the scientists will discover that if ure the only one who is real and theyre just npcs?

>> No.10390292

>>10390074
This it lads, worst bait ever

>> No.10390330

>>10390292
it's not even that bad. It's just unreadable and poorly executed.

>> No.10391680

I did a lot of drugs and reached the opposite conclusion, pull your head out of your own ass, solipsism is completely pointless masturbation, there's nothing interesting or revealing there.