Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 94 KB, 500x452, BBC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10377643 No.10377643 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

why can't I just kill and rape people? Law management aside, how would you intellectually debate me out of gang raping a pre teen girl for sexual fulfilment? Knowing full well that you couldn't appeal to a non existent objective moral structure?

>> No.10377676

Because it would interfere with the powers that be. If you were able to kill and rape people then the tax income and consumer power that you have would drop.

We live in a geopolitical machiavellian world with subjective morality. The reason you are allowed freedom and have the ability to develop yourself is because this makes you a productive citizen which will in turn produce more taxes and consumer power. You ARE the product.

>> No.10377754

That dick is fucking massive.

>> No.10377784

>>10377754
that's his hand

>> No.10377799

>>10377643
>if things were as they are, how would they be?
Just get to your retarded belief system already instead of dancing around it.

>> No.10377811

>>10377643
Those rules (e. G. Don't just kill someone) exist because society would go down the Shitter as soon as they are gone, not because they are protecting "good"

I can't believe you made a thread for this

>> No.10377817

>edgy faggot has babby's first existential crisis and then discovers rational egoism but his mentally illness takes it to its extreme

>> No.10377852

>>10377643
Morality exists through empathy. Generally people don't want to do something they would not wish upon themselves.

>> No.10377856
File: 79 KB, 640x640, 1549190967420.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10377856

>>10377643
if objective morality existed and it said raping and killing is wrong, how would that stop me from raping and killing people? why should i care?

>> No.10377863

>>10377852
Maybe elsewhere. On 4chan morality comes directly from the old testament and mein kampf.

>> No.10377876

>>10377852 But psychopaths lack empathy, along with war veterans and other mentally ill patients. So using them as a counter refutation, how would you still imply morality objectively exists? Again also keep in mind that different people have varying empathetic tendencies.

>> No.10377879

>>10377856 You shouldn't, because luckily in this time line it doesn't exist. Lol, you can fuck anything in the ass, and get away with it. So long as you plan ahead.

>> No.10377920

>>10377643
Law enforcement would appeal to your desire to avoid punishment in order to control your behavior.
Trying to use an intellectual debate would appeal to your desire to avoid unreasonable (according to your own views) behavior in order to control your behavior.

Both are a form of coercion.
In both cases, if you lacked the mental framework that allowed you to be dissuaded, force would be the only thing that could stop you.

The cost of a bullet is $0.21.
At a minimum wage of $7.25/hr = $0.12/min, if you weren't convinced after 2 min, I would just shoot you.

>> No.10377927

>>10377754
This is his subway sandwich

>> No.10377943

>>10377920 So no rational justification for why the hypothetical would be bad? Just I don't like x so I kill you?

>accroding to your own views

I only define axioms based off tangible proof, since morality is an abstract concept. I disregard it.

>> No.10377945

but we need productive members of soc..
>pre teen girl
i dont care desu

>> No.10377951

>>10377943
The definition of each word eventually leads to a circular definition.
Language means nothing if it isn't connected to the real world.
Morality means nothing without moral actors in the real world.

>> No.10377956

>>10377951 But who defines the notion of what a moral character constitutes for?

>Language means nothing

In an objective sense, but it's terminology ,unlike morality, often times correlates to a tangible phenomenon.

>> No.10377969

>>10377956
Every actor is their own moral actor acting out their own morality.
>who defines the notion of what a moral character constitutes for?
The environment of the moral actor or the moral actor itself defines it depending on who has the power to act out their morality.

>> No.10377972
File: 79 KB, 874x684, knuckle walker (you).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10377972

>>10377969
>Every actor is their own moral actor

So in other words mortality doesn't objectively exist?

>The environment

See above.

>> No.10377975
File: 97 KB, 574x800, Oriental down syndrome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10377975

>>10377972 *morality, phone fagging so mistakes are inevitable.

>> No.10377977

>>10377972
By environment, I mean other actors.

>> No.10377983
File: 37 KB, 645x773, Universal healthcare.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10377983

>>10377977 So by that you mean morality is relative to a perspective, which isn't objective?

>> No.10377998

>>10377643
The other, objectively existing, 7.6 billion people on Earth objectively object to your antisocial antics.

>> No.10377999

>>10377983
It isn't constant across time or location.
That doesn't mean it isn't objective at a specific time and specific location given a specific actor with a specific amount of power with respect to their environment.

>> No.10378001

>>10377876
>yes, your argument makes sense if you use your argument and you're right. BUT if you don't use your argument, how then are you right?

wtf

>> No.10378003
File: 110 KB, 657x539, Cunning autistic retard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10378003

>>10377999
>It isn't constant across time or location
>That doesn't mean it isn't objective

It also isn't tangible, which further illustrates how it doesn't exist in the conventional sense. Lol, this is also getting dry and circular. So I'm off to do better things.

>> No.10378005
File: 3 KB, 111x125, dick head (you).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10378005

>>10378001 Have a free ( you) for your autism.

>> No.10378010

>>10378003
Essentially, I'm arguing that might makes right.

>> No.10378026

>tfw no mega hung black bf

>> No.10378030

>>10377972
>So in other words mortality doesn't objectively exist?
Yeah, if you're a materialist brainlet it doesn't.

>> No.10378032

>>10378005
>thumbnail

>> No.10378034

>>10377643
>"rape is wrong" is a nonexistent morality
???

>> No.10378039

>>10377876
Turns out psychopaths and the mentally ill are terrible places to look for morality. Retard.

>> No.10378050

>>10378039
Is this bait? It's not logically consistent if it doesn't apply for everyone. Empathy can't be the basis for morality.

>> No.10378059

>>10378050
>bait
No. Are you baiting?
>not logically consistent
Not how logic works
>empathy cannot
Why not?

>> No.10378109

>>10377643
Like a fucking stallion~

>> No.10378131

>>10377643
>why can't I just kill and rape people? Law management aside, how would you intellectually debate me out of gang raping a pre teen girl for sexual fulfilment? Knowing full well that you couldn't appeal to a non existent objective moral structure?

If intellectual debate is genuinely an option, you’re a sociopath and it wouldn’t do anything anyway, so you’d just have to be imprisoned or killed.

>> No.10378136

>>10377876
>But psychopaths lack empathy, along with war veterans and other mentally ill patients. So using them as a counter refutation, how would you still imply morality objectively exists? Again also keep in mind that different people have varying empathetic tendencies.

They’re not a counter refutation. They’re the people you use force on.

>> No.10378197

>>10377643
Morality is a figment we dream up and act upon, so it has real world consequences.

It doesn't need a material basis if it offers the justification necessary to lock you up.

>> No.10378204

>>10377643
You damage her physical body and psychological health by doing so. Those aren't subjective things.

>> No.10378239

>>10377643
Any objective morality will be self-enforcing. Unless and until we find such a moral system, there is no reason to believe one exists. I may not ever be able to talk you out of raping a teen girl, but I can kill you for doing so.

>> No.10378243

>>10377876
>But psychopaths lack empathy
Psychopaths typically have an understanding of empathy, they just don't feel it in the same way as most others. Or they do feel it, but it's in such a dysfunctional way that it's hard for others to see that as really feeling empathy.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action