[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 56 KB, 621x702, ce8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10315710 No.10315710 [Reply] [Original]

I am in a bad engineering school since I didn't study hard enough during high school. The problem is, this eng school didn't require high level of math nor physics to get into. Professors are unenthusiastic, and most students are coming from technical schools and are more versed in physics and maths than I am. The good ones of course. I am here learning what work and power are, and barely know the basics of integral calculus. When our professors go through the slides of their presentations and stumble across some integral explanations, they just brush it off and say that shit is too difficult for us, we're too dumb to understand. I can't even fucking read engineering drawings, that's the absolute worst professor that concluded everyone knew this shit back from high school (he thinks we all came from tech schools) and didn't teach us shit.

What I'm saying is, I am struggling heavily, and am basically just cramming to pass the tests at this point. Not a good idea if I'm willing to be an engineer, let alone a competitive one.

If I take up a maths or a physics book to study, I am just overwhelmed with info and math notation, I can't read those. I was never taught that in school.

My question is, what can I do to catch up and actually learn the maths and physics at a more intuitive level, and learn to read and understand complicated math explanations?
I want to start from the very very basics (I am decent at algebra) of physics and work my way up to the calculus based physics.

I don't want to finish an engineering school and not even know what I studied because I had to cram everything.

>> No.10315763

>>10315710
https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/

No fear my friend, go here.

>> No.10315774

>>10315710
not a science

>> No.10315783

Spend semester passing courses, spend summer break working on improving your theoretical background.

>> No.10315902
File: 143 KB, 386x366, 0-724.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>when your too brainlet for the brainlet school
Ouch!

>> No.10316080

>>10315902
oof
>>10315774
?
>>10315763
I'll check it out

>>10315783
Yeah, sounds like the best idea desu.

>> No.10316098

>>10315710
Read Gelfand books and challenge yourself to solve the exercises.
Algebra by Gelfand and Shen
Functions and Graphs by Gelfand, Glagoleva, and Shnol
The Method of Coordinates by Gelfand, Glagoleva, and Kirillov
Trigonometry by Gelfand and Saul