[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 9 KB, 221x250, 1509457552273s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10281416 No.10281416 [Reply] [Original]

Hey math niggers of /sci/ do you regret studying math? I always wanted to be an engineer but i changed over time and realised that math is actually good, but I'm afraid that i won't enjoy, I'm scared of fucking up my future because engineering pays better than math and there's a very slim chance that i won't become a teacher if i studied math.

>> No.10281427

Math undergrad made me better for grad school than my peers. The only one close was some physics guy who was really into magnets.

>> No.10281484

>>10281416
Why aren't you double majoring?

>> No.10281519

>>10281484
Oh that's a great idea, but wouldn't that be too much work? and i don't have the money for it but money isn't a problem if i started in let's say my 3rd or 4th year of engineering.

But idk, getting a math degree for fun that i won't use seems pointless (well it might improve my abstract thinking and stuff but i don't know if it's THAT improvement) i had a teacher who wanted to be an engineer but things happened and now he's a math teacher(used to) he says that math improved his critical thinking but he still regrets not going for engineering.