[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 729 KB, 745x483, universe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10219262 No.10219262 [Reply] [Original]

What does it mean when people say the universe will die when it runs out of heat? Where does it go?

>> No.10219266

Everyone will be too cold to be alive, unless there are ice aliens, they'll be fine

>> No.10219268

I think you are confusing the common usage of heat with the phisics definition. Heat is the movement of energy from a hot to a cold system, so if everything is the same temperature, there's no movement of energy and no heat.

>> No.10219270

>>10219262
>What does it mean when people say the universe will die when it runs out of heat? Where does it go?

The universe will die as all things and will be reborn anew into a different universe. When the universe will be close to death, the ruling intelligent life form in that universe will create a simulated universe where they can experience infinite time relatively, while their real universe is on the brink of collapse. It's the only way to preserve thought and intelligence when certain doom is nigh. I'm afraid it might have happened already, where we are the conscious replicas in a simulated holographic universe, imprisoned here to seek outworldy pleasures, with very few capable to think about the future.

We're stuck here waiting certain doom only because some faggot in a higher dimension refuses to die.

>> No.10220239

The universe is expanding, so it might eventually (i.e. in trillions+ of years) get to the point that stuff is so far from each other that the fundamental forces that cause molecules to move will be too far removed from range to take effect.

>> No.10220320

>>10219270
How are they going to simulate everything when the universe is completely uniform and the same temperature everywhere, and no work can be performed anywhere?