[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 29 KB, 645x588, e02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10215045 No.10215045 [Reply] [Original]

I think I am actually really dumb.
I can't remember stuff that I read or hear and can't make connections in my head easily.
Probably why I can barely hold a conversation well easily either, you need a certain amount of recall from your own experiences, as well as the ability to make connections to the conversation from your surroundings or so, I dunno. I read a ton of shit but I can hardly recall any of it when I need to. Maybe I have shitty neurons or sonething.

How do I get smarter, or should I just resign myself to a life of slow thoughts and brainletdom?

>> No.10215061

>>10215045
Sounds more like a symptom of some underlying pathology than a low IQ. Make sure you're getting enough sleep and nothing in your diet is causing you to react badly (i.e. low grade allergy). Make sure the air quality where you are is decent too, CO2 at even slightly elevated levels impairs cognitive function. If that doesn't help you can see a neuropsychologist/doctor.

>> No.10215095

Memory =/= IQ
Do an IQ test on mensa.no, most likelly you are average. The issue with memory could be caused by poor diet, lack of sleep or some illness. Deal with that shiet fag.
t. legit brainlet

>> No.10215108

>>10215045
I have bad memory and trouble with conversations too because of autism, but my intelligence is moderately high. Just stick to things that don’t rely too much on memory

>> No.10215164

>>10215095
Real IQ tests done by certified psychologists do measure memory performance. Digit span tests consist on repeating given sets of digits initially forwards then backwards, which measures short-therm memory.

>> No.10215188

>>10215045
Classic sign of overstress.
Ease off a bit, take a day off, rest well and then you can get on to your stuff with much better performance.