[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 43 KB, 500x370, turks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10202251 No.10202251 [Reply] [Original]

I'm currently in my second year of uni and I want to study math but when I was in highschool I didn't take any calculus, which has effectively delayed my maths education by at least a year. I've gotten an A in every math course I've taken at uni and expect to get an A in multivariable, linear algebra, and proofs this semester, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm a brainlet for not starting my "real" math courses until the spring semester of my second year. How far behind am I compared to the average math major at a mid tier uni?

pic unrelated

>> No.10202254

from the sounds of it, about 1-2 years. no biggie

>> No.10203406

>>10202251
aceing three 2nd year courses as a 2nd year student means you're clearly on-pace with where you need to be, if not slightly ahead (unless everyone is aceing those courses?)

where's the confusion

>> No.10203410

>>10202251
actual roach here

calc is easy shit unless you have to deal with nonlinear PDEs, so i wouldnt worry

>> No.10203427

>>10202251
depends on if you get what the prof teaches. this is the crazy thing about math. it can be taught a billion different ways , and you might not get it, or you might, im ultimately convinced its only probability and luck that allows people to understand math at the university level. even if you know all your stuff, you can be told to do math , very different math, depending on how they teach what is important for whatever your field is, its interesting