[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 167 KB, 1000x780, 3JRKOBJQ6jxx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10182697 No.10182697 [Reply] [Original]

How much can we say that intellegence is a learned power and not something we are only born to have. An IQ test would get higher score from someone who e.g attended to school than someone who just played video games. Not the best example but it's about the same. As someone who nurtured hes own intellegence and did everything to stimulate his intellect than one that did nearly nothing. Which comes to mean that one is not automaticly smartest just by itself. Intellegence must be nurtured and stimulated to be kept in check and up to date to achieve high IQ. No one can do the hardest calculations we know today in IQ tests without at least basic math so one got the logic of how math works. And very few has e.g brilliant linguistics without ever reading a book and or practiced vokabulary. Very rare. But how far can an average brain matter go. And how much does a genius need to do to score genius IQ. So one should really consider IQ tests plausible and give it alittlebit less credidentials than what people are proclaiming it to have. I guess I proved my point now. Just had to say it. IQ tests are shit. It means almost zero to nothing. Even a brainlet can learn enough that he becomes a superb scientistic theorist. Prove me wrong faggots.

>> No.10183117

>>10182697
>An IQ test would get higher score from someone who e.g attended to school than someone who just played video games.

[citation needed]

>> No.10183216

>>10183117
I agree that came out abit wrong I should have said one that have done nothing vs a schooled person on a IQ test.

>> No.10183223

>>10182697
>So one should really consider IQ tests plausible and give it alittlebit less credidentials than what people are proclaiming it to have. I guess I proved my point now. Just had to say it. IQ tests are shit. It means almost zero to nothing.
true. it's just a funny /sci/ meme that makes people butthurt; don't take those threads seriously, it's all trolls

>> No.10183636

>>10182697
i agree

>> No.10185349

>>10182697
>No one can do the hardest calculations we know today in IQ tests without at least basic math so one got the logic of how math works.

and you cant do an iq test without the ability to
read and write but that doesnt mean that being able to read the questions is contributing to iq.

>I guess I proved my point now
all you proved is you need to practise your english better

>IQ tests are shit. It means almost zero to nothing
which is why they are the best predictors we have of academic and occupational success

IQ is one of our most heritable traits and in adulthood shows a heritibility of about 60-80%.
we obviously need some basic knowledge and skills to do an iq test. health obviously has an effect. the type of environment you were exposed to growing up obviously has some effect. but iq is substantially genetic. everyone doesnt start off on equal ground.