[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 418 KB, 1392x1535, clever.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10174199 No.10174199 [Reply] [Original]

LADS

motivation is a quantum operator
think about it

you can't exactly foresee your motivations/decisions ahead of time. Imagine if I told you the exact conditions of your next trip to a cafe for breakfast - the date, time, weather, how long you slept, everything. You still wouldn't be able to tell me for sure what you would decide to order - you might say that you would get one of a certain number of things (Eg: EITHER fried egg and bacon OR muffin OR pancakes), or you might be able to tell me what you will probably get (Every time I go I usually get the pancakes) but you could never tell me with 100% confidence what in the moment you might capriciously decide. There is always an uncertainty

So we have a set of well-defined motivation states, each corresponding to a certain menu item. Each state has an associated probability, which summed together come to 1 (for our example, you might have to include "I might decide to not eat breakfast at all" and all sorts of other low-probability outcomes to find the COMPLETE set but you know what I mean).

When you "measure" the motivation, by actually being present and asking yourself "What do I want to order today?" the wavefunction collapses and you suddenly find that you have made a subconscious decision without any real logical process at all - "I definitely want the eggs". Now that you are in a well-defined motivation state, any remeasure (thinking about it again) will yield the same result for sure until the system is disturbed ("Sorry, we have no eggs today sir" or a sudden stomach pang)

do you see what I mean?

>> No.10174238

>>10174199
It is arguably possible to be able to fully predict any event. Including human decisions.

And probability isn't real. It is a descriptor of the world. It is logic applied to observations of cause and effect. It does not have explanatory power.

>> No.10174241

>>10174238
>It is arguably possible to be able to fully predict any event. Including human decisions.
Literally no
uncertainty is built into the fabric of the universe

>> No.10174246

>>10174199
I am fairly certain that all intelligence operates within quantum operations. It would explain why we don't see as much intelligence in the universe, housing quantum intelligence in a lower dimensions.
It would also make sense for the whole universe calculating like a "hologram"

>> No.10174756

>>10174199
yes but physics is still incredibly precise.
>>10174199
you could argue this but i dont think it has any relevance to how the mind works. might be good to think of it in terms of how human action may be structured hierarchically in the brain. i feel that inherently links to the uncertainties nested within the actual events of an action policy hierarchies. i assume this approach doesnt consider the agents internal knowledge. i do like the idea however the wave collapse also could reflect the differences between potentialities inherent in brain computations done "under the hood" and then the phenomenal manifestation in consciousness and action at a given moment in cortex dynamics/activity. an interesting hypothesis is that the brain does model averaging producing outcomes estimated over an average of all potential models given sensory evidence.

>> No.10175364

>>10174241
So your theory is that you are uncertain how decisions are made? Brilliant.