[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 310 KB, 427x576, 2c4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10172376 No.10172376 [Reply] [Original]

For book recommendations, check the sticky and/or the /sci/ wiki. To download free books, check http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
For learning how to use the inboard latex, check the sticky. You can also test your latex before you post by clicking the "TEX" button in your reply box.
If your latex isn't working, it's because your adblocker is blocking it.
If you ask any question, remember that there is almost no universal notation:
>what constitutes a BAD question
If p divides |G|, show that there exists an element of order p.
>what constitutes a GOOD question
Suppose p is a prime that divides the order of a finite group G. Show that there exists an element of order p.
or
previous thread: >>10171975

>> No.10172384

Suppose P is a jew that subverts the order of a huwhite group G. Show that niggers and women are simply infirior.

>> No.10172659

bump

>> No.10172670

why are there so many sqts

>> No.10172857

Does the space of all functions* contain at least one function mapping each (finite) set of numbers to any other? (excluding functions with many piecewise-definitions, of course)
*Functions using well-defined and common operators (arithmetic, roots and exponents, summation etc) on real numbers or a subset of the reals
Has anyone studied how these spaces change as a function of the operators we allow, and as a function of their properties?
In which subfield does this belong? Functional analysis?
(I don't study math, but I find this very interesting).

>> No.10172860

>>10172670
One anon made a purposefully stupid /sqt/, I made an /sqt/ with Grothendieck in meager hopes of diverting attention, this other anon made an /sqt/ for the fun of it.

>> No.10172897
File: 12 KB, 1080x263, _20181128_110934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I posted this in the other thread, but how the fuck do you work something like this? Obviously you use the sum and difference identities for tan, but how the hell would express everything in terms of x? I might just be way too brainlet but tan(1) isn't like if it were sin(180deg) or something like that were it just simplifies to zero so the other term remains alone

>> No.10172935

>>10172897
[math] \beta = 45^o+k \pi[/math].
You just write down the formula for the sum and substitute any [math]tan \alpha[/math] that shows up with x.