[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 15 KB, 220x165, Silego_clock_generator.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10154835 No.10154835 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a third year E.Eng student, wasnt able to find a co-op or anything so now I have next semester off.
Is there anything (such as an electronics project) I can work on in my own time thatd be worth putting on a resume as experience? There are no volunteering opportunities where I live either.

Failing that, even anything that's interesting that is doable at home without spending alot of money?

>> No.10154846

>>10154835
>I'm a third year E.Eng student, wasnt able to find a co-op or anything so now I have next semester off.

What? Don't you have coursework you can/need to take?

>Is there anything (such as an electronics project) I can work on in my own time thatd be worth putting on a resume as experience? There are no volunteering opportunities where I live either.

Help a EE professor with his research. You can even go to the experimental physics professors and see if you join one of them.

>Failing that, even anything that's interesting that is doable at home without spending alot of money?

Look at projects others have done then make your own project or give a twist to someone else's. It's not so much the impressiveness of the project that matters but your "war stories" of the problems that came up and how you approached solving them and troubling shooting. Also >>>/diy/ohm

>> No.10154850

>>10154846
No courses I can take next semester unfortunately l, it's either a work term or an off term. Great post, thank you for the answer.

>> No.10154852

Talk to one of your professors asking if there's a project you can work on for experience, and a letter of recommendation.