[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 74 KB, 1024x962, 74182AD9-8C9E-49DF-9A9A-A620A3FA3250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10093048 No.10093048 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.10093093

>>10093048

sorry about that, study more and try again, you're gonna be fine

>> No.10093492

>>10093048
As long as you know the subject matter eventually and can apply it to something useful, that's all that really matters. I failed tests a lot because I have test anxiety and perhaps learn slowly, but I always made sure to get 100% on homework and to do all extra credit to make up for it.

This kind of thing always fades away when you can finally look down at a book with (for example) a long equation in it, and it at least makes enough sense to you that you can replicate it in some way or solve it with some sort of calculator if you have to.

I was a game artist that decided to get into CS and math, and boy was I awful at the math at first. I stuck with it though, even though I did fail quite a few tests. After a while, I was able to make shaders and other cool stuff with the math that I learned, even though my test scores in school were almost always shit. The practical application of it made me want to study a lot more than cramming for shitty tests ever did. If you find a love for the subject instead of the grades, you'll outperform the straight A students eventually even if it will take years.

I understand that there must be some way for an academic institution for measure your progress, but try not to let academia cloud your joy of the subject even if it's going too fast for you. Keep studying anyway even if you "suck," and try not to be too sad while learning.

>> No.10093502

>>10093048
44% on Analysis exam using baby rudin
Average 53%

I feel you anon.

Just keep trying.