Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/sci/ - Science & Math

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.10728350 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10728350

Why do I have to forget things reeeeeeeeee

>> No.10591646 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10591646

>>10591225
>if g(x) = f(x) then a=b.

>> No.10546181 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10546181

>>10546136
>First author only means that she wrote the paper.
>unironically links to a fellow LARP from /pol/
Maybe you'll get more accurate info if you talk to someone who is actually in academia.
"If I did all the hard work for a publication, I'd let someone else take first author." -- said by no one ever.
But kudos for not trying to hide where you came from.

>>10546138
>the supervisor who did everything except the busy work
I'd say nice joke if I knew you weren't joking

>> No.10544487 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10544487

>>10544444
>Imagine that it acts like the models worked out 70 years ago what a surprise.
Leave it to /pol/tards to not care about verifying a model

>> No.10526336 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10526336

>>10526319
>not reading the question

>> No.10520913 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10520913

>>10520836
>>10520859
>Famous actresses will come to my jail cell to fuck me if I kill someone

>> No.10501213 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10501213

>>10500183
>conflating edge with odds

>> No.10499934 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10499934

>>10496759
>muh major gpa
graduate school is about reading papers, doing research, figuring out which questions to ask, thinking and reasoning accurately, expressing yourself clearly in writing, and giving effective presentations.
in other words all the shit you got a 3.1 in.
just go be a code monkey

>> No.10498457 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, concave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10498457

Why is a berezin integral defined the way it is.

I understand that [math]\int d\theta_{a}\theta_{b} = \delta_{ab} [/math] but I lack a good physical understanding of why this should be or even of what this represents physically. I hasten to add that I understand how it follows from certain formal requirements of an integral of grassmann variables, but I have no physical sense for any of this.

>> No.10495440 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10495440

>>10495437
The H0liCOW estimate puts the Hubble constant at about 71.9 kilometers (44.7 miles) per second per megaparsec (one megaparsec equals about 3.3 million light-years). In 2015, another team, using observations of the cosmic microwave background, determined the rate was 67.8 kilometers per second for megaparsec.27 Jan 2017

visible light is about 1.0003, so the speed of light in air is about 299,700 km/s ...
>>10495438
I am aware of this model but if you travel in the same direction you would exceed the bounds of the universe eventually since light is so much faster and doesn't decay, correct?

>> No.10495156 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10495156

>>10495087
>Nuclear submarines carry nuclear missiles

>> No.10495150 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10495150

>>10494922
>Since we've shown it for negative x, positive x, and 0, we have shown it for all x.
>pretty obvious
[math]x = -4[/math]
[math]\sqrt{-1}+\sqrt[4]{13}>\sqrt{3}\ \ ?[/math]

>> No.10485352 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10485352

>>10481455
>the answer is 0.9702

>> No.10474738 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10474738

>>10472603
>It's the most single reliable predictor
this is a classic fallacy committed by brainlets. it's like a student arguing that his incorrect answer should be accepted because it's the best he could come up with.

>> No.10461924 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, concave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10461924

>>10459362

>> No.10451629 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10451629

>>10451579
>>10450242
>>10450116
>>10450124
>>10450287
>muh ambiguous wording
>because here 80% is the chance of a report being correct given they made a report
This would lead to idiotic contradictions and could only be interpreted this way by a complete brainlet

Change the problem a bit: suppose there are NO blue taxis in the city. Not even one.

100% of taxis are green, 0% of taxis are blue.
Now, witness says to you "The taxi was blue." Witnesses are correct 80% of the time when making such statements.
What's the chance that the taxi is blue?
Still not enough information? Still 80%?

>> No.10435672 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10435672

>>10435010
>the university has made it clear what their focus is, and it isn't you.
Appeal to motive fallacy, even if your boomer-tier conspiracy fantasies were true.

>racetrack analogy
Interesting you choose racetracks of all things. Yes, a company can engage in predatory price-gouging practices when they have a lot of market share. And that company then shouldn't be surprised if their customers start taking their business elsewhere.

>https://www.journals.elsevier.com/womens-studies-international-forum/
Retard logic. This existence of this journal does not erase their massive contributions to hundreds of other fields. Elsevier publishes thousands of journals.

>Also, quantity =/= quality.
True, but for what it's worth, CSRankings only aggregates data from top publications.

>>10435016
>larping
>shill
>paid
Hitting all the meme buttons today, are we?

Listen anon, it's really okay to concede an argument when you say something retarded like "What is UC known for" and promptly get blown out by a mountain of facts and metrics. Fighting on with insults and increasingly retarded arguments doesn't help your case.

>> No.10415384 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10415384

>>10415360
http://www.elem.com/~btilly/kelly-criterion/
Learn.

>> No.10415275 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10415275

>>10414798
>A or D.

>> No.10331908 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10331908

>>10331813
>tfw machine learning lisp scripts score 120 in your "significant" metric

>> No.10319832 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10319832

>>10317910
>>10317932
by this logic, every life we save with modern technology is also part of natural selection

>> No.10292271 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10292271

>>10290202
maybe you should ask WHY it's believed?

>> No.10225727 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10225727

>>10224048
>It's difficult to use as a semiconductor because it's 2d

>> No.10222621 [View]
File: 5 KB, 211x239, 92d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10222621

>>10222613
>kicked out of school
No need to explain further



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]