[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 300x338, 110laocoonte6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
997843 No.997843 [Reply] [Original]

the main reason everyone today is dumbre than in any other time is because everyone thinks hes so clever and sophisticated that he doesnt need to learn anything. for the first time, people thinks they have literally nothing to learn from the past. how about some humility?

>> No.997849

This is bullshit, people never knew more than today, do you think people in the middle ages knew a lot about the classical world?

Also
>Dumbre

>> No.997910
File: 63 KB, 450x340, 1274720957072.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>997849
i fucking hate that this boards are filled with conceited teenagers

>> No.997916

OP is just an angsty teenager who doesn't know about 'knowledge'.

>> No.997918

trust me suburban kids weren't reading philosophy till recently. Everyone's much smarter now, the dumb included. You just notice because you hang out with people even smarter

>> No.997921

>>997910
Umm, but he's right... a larger percentage of the world population is university educated than has ever been the case in the history of the world. Considering the population of the world is also many times higher than it has ever been... you're just talking out of your ass.

>> No.997930

Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
-George Orwell

I always took a liking to this quote.

>> No.997931

This is why I hate Conservatives & Randfags. Holding back the magnificent progress our beautiful race can achieve when we work together, instead of working alone, scheming against one another & generally being greedy bastards.

>rackoff research

>> No.997939

>>997930
applies to the plebs only. I will be admitting inferiority to the new blood when the time comes.

>> No.997952

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR i long for the days of 10% literacy

captcha describes op: gastric jellyfish