[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 771 KB, 1024x768, Koala.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9906505 No.9906505[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>tfw you study enough to realize that ~92% of what normalfags say about life is the truth
>tfw you realize that just being a generally solid dude with good moral values and a good social circle is worth infinitely more than any amount of interesting knowledge or intelligence

>> No.9906516

>>9906505
I hope that 92% of common sense thinkers can guide you out of the empty boredom you reach when you realize you simply take things at face value. Nonthinking is so fucking dull and reminds me I'm dying in a depressive sense (as opposed to an existentiel (or existential (or existiantial)) sense).

"Nice projecting, cuck"
"Post modern fag"
"Etc etc etc; and so on"

>> No.9906520
File: 187 KB, 900x1140, IMG_2253.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you realize the key question of existence "How are we alive" has been betrayed by nearly everyone for the far less important question "Why are we alive"

>> No.9906570

>>9906505
What are good moral values?

>> No.9906639

>>9906520

Better to phrase aand s 'how are we to live?'

>> No.9906641

>>9906570
Christian moral values of course

>> No.9906685

>>9906505
>good moral values
>>9906570
>>9906570
>>9906570
>>9906570

>> No.9906739

>>9906505
Thats so true. And thats what existentialism is all about. Its about action, not solid contemplation. Although thats not bad in of it self. But those rotten nihilist in their NEET solitude who in their existential depression do not see a purpose or point of life, you are not gonna find it in your books. You are gonna find it in your personal struggle in your personal life. Who knows what would have happened if you had taken upon your self the mission of sorting out your personal relationships and all that bad karma in your life that you are both the receiver and creator of and being a moral upstanding guy.

People are simple creatures with simple needs (although there are individual differences in temper and traits), and if you get your needs covered chances are that you are gonna be somewhat happy or at least content instead of bitter and depressed. If you as an animal can get resources, secure a mate, get some social status and all that, its gonna have positive effects on your hormonal and chemical systems and you are gonna feel good.

Get your shit in order in life and maybe its not that bad at all. The real challenge of life is not letting the shit get you corrupt and resentful. I wish someone would have told me this years ago.

>> No.9906873

>>9906520
Ooo, but I'd go, like, why ought we know how we are alive or why we are alive, or even how are we to live? I'd ask why we question anything, why we just don't live as other animals do and not ask why we even seek answers to why we question. Why do you ask why?

>> No.9907049

>>9906873
I'm a shit writer, so I'll try to make this clear. (Note: great introduction to an Alfred Jarry derivative novel) It's not even my question of "God or Matter," but my question of "Where have either even come from? What gives them the right?" You can't NOT ask the question as it stares you in the face. Even if I read a big, big book which explained God or Matter, it would be impossible for it to humanly understand where or why either exist.

>>9906639
Yes.

>> No.9907100
File: 46 KB, 736x414, 3rjoyhu3wbjx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you study enough to realize that ~92% of what normalfags say about life is bullshit they heard from the tv and their parents
>tfw you realize that even a small amount of interesting knowledge and intelligence is worth more than a bunch of people you pretend to like will approve of you for being some arbitrary "common sense" ideal they learned on tv