[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 7 KB, 250x250, 1466103070052s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9868297 No.9868297 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone give me clear "insights" from modern continental philosophy? Or Nietzche?

It seems to me that all of it is intentionally vague, makes unfalsifiable claims about important sounding issues (economy, capitalism, society, how to live life) while aggresively trying to seem the most authoritative mode of thought, intentionally obscurantist to hide its flaws and fundamental assumptions, and is ranked mainly on self perpetuating fashions.

It seems also that philosophical discourse selects against simple or falsifiable ideas and selects for obscurantist or illogical but widely applicable philosophies.

I've seen so much discussion about Nietzche but read nothing other than a few trivially obvious things, a load of bullshitty things, and people claiming those trivial or bullshitty things were ironic and he actually supported other trivial or bullshitty things.

>> No.9868318

>mug falsifiability
stemfags need not apply to philosophy

>> No.9868331
File: 18 KB, 240x240, OmTidhIG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wew lad, welcome to the jungle

>> No.9868342

>I've seen so much discussion about Nietzche but read nothing
this much is obvious

>> No.9868424

>>9868318
>My ideas can't survive scrutiny but that's okay because I have special standards of intellectual integrity that you just like, don't get, man.