[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 39 KB, 475x604, doodely.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
981587 No.981587 [Reply] [Original]

Ok so I was injured working construction and they put me on light duty (AKA painting for 2 minutes and sitting down for as long as I want) and to help pass the time I was listening to audiobooks but having taken English AP and university english courses i've found i've read a lot of classics so im having trouble finding good books that are made into good audiobooks that I can listen to when I go to the gulag every morning for 8 hours, any suggestions?

>> No.981599

>any suggestions?

Yeah; punctuation.

>> No.981609

>>981599

Any REAL suggestions?

>> No.981621

Audiobooks of 'Child 44' by Tom Rob Smith and 'Agent Zigzag' by Ben MacIntyre are both rather good.

>> No.981623

I have no idea what you're asking. You want audio books? What type of audio books? For books you read in "English AP and university english courses" or books that you haven't read before? No classics or yes classics?

You write bad and it is confusing.

>> No.981637

>>981623

Grr, ok, I want some engaging audiobooks that will help pass the time during my boring job, preferably not the classics as I have already read most of them.... better?

>> No.981685

I too would like to know of some good audiobooks actually

>> No.982812
File: 428 KB, 475x475, reaction face thin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>981637

>Most of the classics

>> No.982827

>>981637
I can't really help you out, as I have never listened to an audiobook. I would imagine that a lot of them are thrillers like shit-heel Robert Ludlum or genre twaddle. Not to say there isn't any good science fiction. You might be able to get some newer books by hip authors such as Foer, but I kind of hate his books and can't imagine listening to someone read them to me. Man, it's tough. I don't think they make a lot of great books into audiobooks. Maybe The Count of Monte Cristo
>my captcha: Who Hornier
well op, me or you?