[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.07 MB, 698x811, 1500377923134.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9781101 No.9781101 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: nostalgia.

Which were your favourite books as children? Which book did you enjoy the most at school? Which book was always being borrowed from the school library?

>> No.9781108

shoo bre

>> No.9781112
File: 24 KB, 250x400, fart-jokes-for-smelly-kids.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this book was always being borrowed from the school library back in year 4 - year 5, you had everyone in the class telling fart jokes and whenever one kid farted the whole class was in hysterics.

also all the girls said they never farted or went for a poo

>> No.9781115
File: 86 KB, 410x475, 61T7KA57A8L.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One of my teachers used to bring this to school every day for me especially because I loved the spooky holographic illustrations in the book.

>> No.9781119
File: 52 KB, 992x744, the giving tree.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9781124

>>9781101
what happened to grandpa and his boy?

>> No.9781129

I would read information books about pirates, knights, dinosaurs, animals and so on and so on
I wasn't allowed to only have those
I still sort of do, but haven't become a STEMlord

>> No.9781136

In first grade my teacher read The Phantom Tollbooth during storytime. That inspired me to go out, buy the book, and attempt to follow along. Eventually I was reading ahead of the class, though I'm unsure of how much I actually understood of the book, looking back. The puns definitely flew over my head - I had no idea for example what 'jumping to Conclusions' was and thought 'The Doldrums' was an actual fantasy place the author made up.

>> No.9781144

>>9781129
I used to have loads of books about dinosaurs but I mainly looked at the pictures,

>> No.9781145

>>9781101
>Which were your favourite books as children?
Children as in barely reading? That book with the bunnies, tons of the old tales stuff but with pictures and summarized for kids, and some weird book about a kid who liked to talk about sandwiches and some bully who bullied him for liking some sandwich that was shit, but then the bully had a shittier one and got bullied back.
Then like... since I was 8-10, for some reason I liked to read the Book of Imaginary Beings (Borges).
Also the SciFi books that were my father's, pretty old they were yellow-orange and brittle already.
I read then the Tolkien stuff but fantasy didn't hook me like SciFi, I guess it's because it didn't have sex scenes unlike SciFi books.
>Which book did you enjoy the most at school?
Do you mean at primary? or in general? Primary we read some shitty books which would be considered YA today.
Then from middle school it got better, some Marquez books, and The Stranger, would be the ones I really enjoyed, then and today.
>Which book was always being borrowed from the school library?
None, until Harry Potter, it was new at the time and well you know how that went.