[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 364x514, IMG_5049.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9698623 No.9698623 [Reply] [Original]

I was recently accepted to an MFA PhD program for English literature at a prestigious university in NYC.

Does anybody know anyone who followed the same or similar path and ended up employed in the field (writer, editor, publisher, professor), etc.

Thanks anons.

>> No.9698632

Which university? This sounds like something I'd be interested in.

>> No.9698645

What kind of diseases can you cure as an art doctor? Or is it mostly about repairing books???

Fuck off with your MFA PHD and just write something already.

>> No.9698649

>>9698623
Does it move from an MFA to a proper English PhD? I mean, do you transition from producing creative work to scholarly work? I've not seen such programs before myself, but it seems that having the creative writing credentials could help if you're looking for college/university work afterward.

Just network the hell out of your time there. I hate doing this myself, but if you can get your name out with people in publishing and in academic circles, it'll help you later on. Professors like regular cock sucking while publishers, on the whole, prefer a rusty trombone.