[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 19 KB, 208x320, dao.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9696209 No.9696209 [Reply] [Original]

Ancient poems contain numerous interesting things, pleasure of silent air; coolness of still water; beauty of trees; perfume of blossom; riches of emotion; and the most important thing, brightness of wisdom. What does appear to the readers depends on their ways of interpretation. It is, in my opinion, the law of philosophy.

Tao Te Ching is not good for ones impatient and unimaginative. Short and complex, but sound-like-mad poems might bore you easily. I don't advise you using it for studying in classes, excepting in the university's, which causes a limitation and boredom. It might be good to read in a day relieved, alone and undisturbed by noise, floating along with words, rhythms and images.

What a core, if it has, idea of Tao is, from my perspective, a nothingness, not an emptiness, of things. World moves, men move, creatures move, everthing is a mixture of each other. Essence is not certain and fixed, movable and unending. Tao is things, in things, but in none. Tao appears everywhere, but appears nowhere. Quite puzzled?!? HA-HA

Anyway, What I said I did not want to confuse you. Reading Tao Te Ching is eye-and-mind opening. You have an opportunity to think something different you never do in your daily life (my friend once said he thought Lao Tzu had been mad, it is very humourous interesting view, you know, it is not wrong that you think he was mad, why was he not able a mad man?). Pleasure you get is telling that life does not simple, it is hard to freeze an explaination in one way. Different aspects of observation evaluate values of democracy and diversity. It also strenghtens mind not being sensitive of difference, such as different clothes, life styles and religions. There is nothing ought to be killed, whether it is bacause for nations, political ideologies, or 'holy guys'. One depends on others. Nothing is simply torn apart. There is black, also is white. Without black, white is impossible. No death. No life. They indentify each others, no one survives without the Other. Two parts in one coin. Nothing except, including kings and monks. It is the law.

>> No.9696215

convince me this is better than hegel

>> No.9696222

>>9696209
>no one survives without the Other
>>9696215

no one except the World-Spirit as Absolute Knowing

>> No.9696234

>>9696222
so is it the same thing