[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.15 MB, 4030x4096, tfw2smartformemes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9691076 No.9691076 [Reply] [Original]

>Decide to stop reading Genrefiction
>IQ instantly goes up 50 points
>Instantly become slim, lean and fit
>Doorbell rings and its a 10/10 qt who wants to sit and read non fiction, non genre literature with me
>Instantly have sex because she is so turned on at how intelligent and handsome I am.
>"Oh anon, I just love how smart and handsome you are." she says while we fuck
>Phone rings while fucking
>"Hello, its me Elon Musk, I would personally like to welcome you into my private Whisky Club to smoke cigars and discuss non fiction, non genre literature with me."
>Agree to meet him and ejaculate, instantly impregnating the 10/10 qt with my perfect non genrefiction reading genes.
>Drive to Elon's billionaire mansion and laugh at all the subhumans reading genrefiction as I drive past them.
>Pull up behind bus at a traffic light.
>Accidentally read advertising genrefiction on the back window of the bus.
>It counts as reading genrefiction.
>Instantly lose 100 IQ points
>Instantly regain back all my weight.
>Get a text from 10/10 qt saying she hates me and thinks I am a disgusting loser and also my genrefiction reading genes lead to a miscarriage
>A text from Elon shortly follows telling me he thinks I am pathetic and he never wants to see me again.

Fucking Genrefiction.

>> No.9691089

Elon is a genre fiction fan. He doesn't read faggy books about boring sad rich people and use big words to seem smart. He sees through the pseudo intellectualism surrounding literature

>> No.9691105

>>9691089
8elons dick=D Oyourmouth

>> No.9691192

I don't even know what genre fiction is, or maybe I don't understand the parameters. Is that like when someone writes, say, spiderman stories to glean shekels off the hardcore spiderman audience that will consume anything spiderman related?

>> No.9691193

Most of lit-fic is very inaccessible and dull to my tastes. I'm sick to death of the continued insistence of lit-fic proponents in talking down to and dismissing genre fiction.

Genre fiction always wins. The stories don't matter if no one experiences them; genre stories are the audience favorites for a reason. It drives lit-fic proponents crazy, but shouting at the wind doesn't change a thing. The wind still blows. Smart artists would adapt their messages to formats that will deliver those messages. What has usually happened instead is lit-fic proponents continually belittle the more popular forms, hoping against hope that they can finally convince a majority of the audience to change their minds.

>> No.9691196

>>9691192
Everything except literary fiction, including mystery, crime, fantasy, sci fi, westerns, and so on

>> No.9691200

>>9691192
Genre fiction is like sci-fi, horror, fantasy, romance, detective stories, and other stuff like that.

>> No.9691208
File: 74 KB, 682x462, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9691089
Elon Musk is a total lit fag

>> No.9691213

>>9691076
Snobbery

>> No.9691239

>>9691196
>>9691200
What I think I don't understand is what qualifies as contemporary literary fiction. It just doesn't seem very clear and a lot of books contain those elements, of course. Does genre fiction have to appeal to those genres in certain ways or be more adolescent / less serious? Are books like Inherent Vice and Blood Meridian then genre fiction or do they qualify as lit fic since the writers are high status / good at writing?

>> No.9691259

>>9691076
>slim, lean and fit
which one?

>> No.9691567

>>9691196
>>9691200
but why can't you have both?
seems like a mostly artificial segregation, not one that is legitimate in practice.

>> No.9691580

>>9691259
slim = slight build
lean = low fat
fit = healthy and athletic
you can be all three, anon

>> No.9691671

>>9691076
>elon musk's favorite books
>lord of the rings, foundation, hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, stranger in a strange land

elon musk would order a hit on you desu