[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 185 KB, 1344x1344, as33.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9646349 No.9646349[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Is "On Women" the only work shitposters can use to justify mocking him?

>> No.9646393

No. Only the meme picture with the quote. Not the book.

>> No.9646416

On Women is actually really insightful, and I say that as a woman. Polemical critiques like that are infinitely better aligned with real feminism, philosophically speaking, than any saccharine, condescending, paternalistic "hurr how dare you speak ill of m'lady!" male feminism bullshit.

There's infinitely more respect in Schopenhauer's dislike of women than in any male feminist's a priori worship of women. Disliking someone implies recognition that the same standards apply to them, i.e., that they are a human, being with the same opportunities and responsibilities as anyone else.

What's even creepier than the kneejerk "M'LADY, PLEASE ALLOW ME TO SAY THAT I HATED 'WILL AND REPRESENTATION' IN YOUR HONOR!!! LOOK AT ME, M'LADY, ARE YOU LOOKING? I'LL HATE KANT AS WELL IF YOU BUT ORDER ME TO, M'LADY!" is how they immediately turn it into a sex thing, by saying Schopenhauer was a bitter virgin. That's the most complex Freudian move I've ever seen. Male feminists misapprehend women as some kind of sexual Rhadamanthus, eternally judging who gets to enter into the sacred vagina and who doesn't, and then their pathetic strategy for being judged worthy is to obsequiously offer themselves as SURROGATE judges of OTHER, even less worthy men. Even if their initial mistake were correct, they'd still be pathetic cringing plebs.

Male feminists are the least fuckable human beings on the entire planet, evenly tied with insecure alpha male wannabes who can't shut up about how they hate feminism.

>> No.9646534

His ontology is a little pantsu-on-head

>the world is individual representation
>we are all representing the same things but idk lol

>> No.9646543

>>9646416
I wish more girls were like you.

>> No.9646554

>>9646416
Schopenhauer could well be a pillar of any "real" feminism, devoid of rent-seeking and victim-complex bullshit... along with the likes of Esther Vilar and other similarly caustic authors.

Now: you detest supplicant feministos and alpha-wannabes... how about "natural" alpha men? Do they tickle your fancy?

>> No.9646582

>>9646534
The world as representation is a tool to learn about the world as will.
The world as representation must eventually be discarded.

>> No.9646591
File: 3.01 MB, 294x238, lmfsbroflmao.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9646554
>Now: you detest supplicant feministos and alpha-wannabes... how about "natural" alpha men? Do they tickle your fancy?

>> No.9646621

>>9646591
In case she (you?) really was a girl I was curious to see if the handsome caveman was of interest to her... as it's excedeengly are to see a woman agreeable to Schopo's ideas. Since she mentioned her disdain for two types of men, I was curious to find out more.

>> No.9646625

>>9646582
So how is it different than Kant?

>> No.9646635

>>9646625
I don't understand your question.
Could you rephrase it?

>> No.9646668

It's the essay that is unfortunately the most relevant to the interests of many people.
>>9646416
Even if you're not a girl, I find this to be true.

>> No.9646727

>>9646635
Well Schopenhauer thought that part of his brilliant elaboration on Kantian ontology was explaining the phenomenonal world as entirely subjective individual experience. I may be wrong because all my library had about Schopenhauer was a secondary work written by an opinionated normie dickhead

>> No.9646917

>>9646416
This is correct.
Pretending women are divine creatures who have no flaws and can't be criticized is pathetic bullshit but just blindly hating on women is pathetic bullshit too. I think both are linked in that they both stem from a lack of understanding of women and the former chooses to blindly worship while the latter chooses to blindly attack.

>> No.9646927

>>9646416

Was this not patently obvious to everyone already? Seriously /lit/? How old are you all?

>> No.9646933

>>9646416
>as a women
Guaranteed replies.

>> No.9646948

>>9646349
As someone who loves women he's pretty accurate.