[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 19 KB, 330x435, House_of_leaves.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9572749 No.9572749 [Reply] [Original]

Should I bother reading the rest of this? It's off to an incredibly slow start and describes mundane details too often.

>> No.9572775

It gets pretty entertaining and the way the story unfolds visually is interesting. The ending is pretty interesting as well as it manages to capture something both happy and sad.

I think the only rough part is when the house goes full monster mode. It feels really out of place with the rest of the book.

Up till then it's really intriguing and you want to figure out what is going on with the house as well as the book.

>> No.9572801

>>9572775
It's also full of thriller cliches e.g. 'I wish I never followed him that day'. But I suppose I bought it so I should probably stop being lazy and finish it.
I just can't help but feel like it's a mundane thriller/mystery that's carried by the visual gimmicks.

>> No.9572807

>>9572775
[spoiler/] I liked it when the house went full burly boy, I thought it was an earned payoff to Tom's story, the frustration of course occurs in the fact that Zampano is a bit of a pretentious author, and can't help but comment on it, which made me laugh, but I was angry. I do think that MZD can't write child characters to save himself though

I think it's worth reading, just for the entertainment's sake, keep in mind that Zampano is constructed as a pseud though, that's half the fun

>> No.9572809

>>9572807
fugg

>> No.9573179

>>9572749
I was into it until I realized that all the footnotes weren't a parody of how ridiculous pomo literary "studies" have become and were instead meant to add realism. Then I just got pissed off at this gay earth.

>> No.9573205

>>9572749
It's Reddit.

>> No.9573264

>>9573205
I don't care so long as it's somewhat enjoyable