[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 9 KB, 240x281, voldemort2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
956239 No.956239 [Reply] [Original]

What exactly was Voldemort fighting for? I just read through the Harry Potter series and he doesn't seem to have any sort of clear goals or desires. It just doesn't make any sense. shit tier villain is shit tier

>> No.956242

I agree.

>> No.956244

racial purity

i don't think i'm kidding.

>> No.956248

>>956244

Yep that.

>> No.956249

He's Hitler. Replace Jews for Muggles. Not a very original villain eh Rowling?

>> No.956254

He wanted to kill all of the non-pure wizard families (mudbloods I think they're called) and anyone who opposed him or threatened his power. I haven't read the last book, so there may be more to it that I don't know about.

Still, ridiculously static villain is indeed shit tier.

>> No.956259

Just occured to me that if he stayed hot like he was in the second film. I would have wanted him to win.

>> No.956260

He's doing things to achieve some kind of society where wizards control the world and everyone else comes after
Most of his focus in the story though is centered on killing Harry
The only thing you learn of him being involved in anything else is when he kills a teacher who wrote a passionate letter to defend muggle-borns (or muggles themselves, not sure)

>> No.956261

Wizards are inherently dependent on muggles, probably due to sheer population issues. Dark Wizards want to enslave muggles not because they are inferior, but because they are threatened by them. Dumbledore and the Order of the Phoenix claim, "NO! Wizards are dependent on muggles, and having muggles being enslaved would fuck up everything because you'd have an elite populace controlling everything."

How long are the wizards and muggles going to stay apart? forever? It seems like they're in a peaceful equilibrium. So Rowling is arguing for.... SEGREGATION.

tl;dr Voldemort wants to integrate societies but sees that a power struggle must erupt, while Dumbledore and the lot want to segregate the two

>> No.956265

He was just trolling and everyone took it way too seriously

>> No.956268

>>956254

>I haven't read the last book

Why on earth give an opinion when you know your information is incomplete?

>> No.956269

He really wants to kill Harry Potter most of all and part of me was thinking the whole time I wish he would already.

>> No.956270

>>956265

>> No.956278

>>956260
>Most of his focus in the story though is centered on killing Harry
but wasn't this because of the prophesy or whatever that said he couldn't actually do anything while Harry as around?

>Voldemort wants to integrate societies but sees that a power struggle must erupt, while Dumbledore and the lot want to segregate the two
it's not really that he sees a power struggle, it's that he's sure he can win it.

Part of the reason Voldemort hates non-purebloods is because he, himself, is a halfblood. Rowling said that that is the reason he doesnt like them. And he's afraid of death -- so he tries to cheat it. So, when he looked into the Mirror of Erised, he saw himself all powerful and eternal -- which is just what he wanted.

She also says that he's "a raging psychopath, devoid of the normal human responses to other people's suffering" so......yeah that helps

>> No.956283
File: 82 KB, 450x338, 1278121930527.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.956284

>>956268
I assumed there wasn't much more to the last book than epic fight between Harry and Voldemort and tie up any loose ends. He's incredibly static in all the other books, I don't expect much change in the last installment. Am I wrong?

>> No.956295

>>956284
stop trolling

>> No.956298

>>956278

>but wasn't this because of the prophesy or whatever that said he couldn't actually do anything while Harry as around?

No he doesn't know the full prophecy
All he knows is that a boy will be born with the power to stop the dark lord
Nothing about him doing nothing while he hasn't done anything about it
The part Voldemort doesn't know goes on to say that neither can live while the other survives, so it's not in that part either

>> No.956313

>>956284

First 5 books are pretty much all centered on him getting back his body and trying to kill Harry or learn how to do that
Only in book 6 do we learn about his past and his quest to stop himself from dying, his hatred of muggles because of his father and Voldemort's implied idea that wizards should rule the world with muggles below them
Book 7 shows how that world takes shape, but funnily enough Voldemort himself is mostly shown finding a way to kill Harry because his own wand and a borrowed one fail to strike Harry down

I think any static-ness is dispelled in book 6, but I can see people could disagree

>> No.956317

I have a question: why does he look like a goddamned freak?

>> No.956325

Voldemort= Hitler
Halfbloods and muggles = Jews, Gipsies, blacks, gays, communists and retards.
Do you now understand?

>> No.956328

>>956317

He used some kind of dark magic ritual plot device to create the body he has throughout most of the books.

He was supposedly quite handsome before he died the first time.

>> No.956341

Voldemort is at least a decent villain because Rowling did an excellent job of establishing how much everyone fears him. People are so afraid of this motherfucker that they wont even utter his name even a decade after everyone thought he was dead.

>> No.956343

>>956317
Because his corpse was re-created by a amateur and not a healer and because he is an evil mage who likes snakes and uses them for magic. I guess his re-creation was influenced by snakes which can re-create parts of their corpses when they are cutten off, adapting this process partly must influences the appearence.

>> No.956344

>>956328

He was quite handsome as a teenager
In book 6 it is clearly talked about that he has changed his outward appearance and from the description there you can tell he is about halfway through a transformation into what he is in OP's pic, which is actually pretty accurate except he's supposed to have red-glowing eyes I believe

>> No.956348

>>956344
Nope, see
>>956343

The way he looks in OP's pic is how he is described in the first and fourth book and it is something he did through magical transformations he innitiated while he was still alive, not while being reborn

>> No.956353

>>956341
Britains are just weak cowards. Rowling should have shwon more of the not british magicans.
German mages never get metioned, I guess they are either extincted in WW2(Thule fighting for Hitler) or still pretty rightwing and therefor EVIL!!!

>> No.956361

>>956353
>Rowling should have shwon more of the not british magicans.

I remember her mentioning American witches in the 4th book during the Quidditch World Cup chapters. I was very curious about how wizards are brought up over here and how the events caused by Voldemort affected the rest of the world.

>> No.956369

>>956353

This is the only part that bothered me, why didn't foreign wizards and their ministries not help the British, they should know they are the next to be targeted when Voldemort has Britain under his control

>> No.956381

>>956369

I think it's implied that the Ministry of Magic is a global government that's simply based in London.

I'm not sure how it is able to be so far reaching though.

>> No.956385

>>956369

For the same reason Hitler went unopposed until he started his invasion of Europe.

>> No.956384 [DELETED] 
File: 11 KB, 176x299, AlasBabylon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What does /lit/ tink of this book? Personally I thought it was incredible.

>> No.956397

>>956381

>I think it's implied that the Ministry of Magic is a global government that's simply based in London.

No it's not implied at all

>> No.956401

>>956369
Probably everyone hates Britain. Their view on dark magic is complettly urealistic, neither Spain, nor France, nor Germany would ever NOT teach the subject in school. Not the magic itself is the bad thing but how it is used but in Britain they act as if everyone who is capable of dark magic is the devil.
Probably they think that's it's Britains own fault for letting Voldemort rise because their citizens were too dumb to learn strong (dark) magic to defend themself.

Would you help a country which could have easily helped hisself but refused to because they had a wicked moral? I wouldn't.

>> No.956402

>>956397

If there were other governments they would likely have been mentioned a few times. Especially in the 4th book which features two foreign schools.

>> No.956407

>>956385
Because the world loved him?

>> No.956411

>>956402
We see the Bulgarian minister of magic in part 4 and in a history of Magic lesson it's mentioned that Luxemburg has it's own government and some sort of united europe of nations would exist in which they did not wanna join.

>> No.956419

>>956401
>compares this to guns
I don't think that backs you up as much as you think it does. Biggest problem in the USA.

>> No.956420

>>956401

>Not the magic itself is the bad thing

Not to interrupt your trolling, but it is implied that performing most of the dark magic involves things that are not very nice or results in things that are not very nice
Neither would be taught or used in an enlightened society

>> No.956440

Seriously...

did you enjoy harry potter?
did you ever find this to be an issue while reading?

Didn't think so

>> No.956448

>>956440

>did you ever find this to be an issue while reading?

Ha!
You'll laugh too when I say this, but some people out there haven't caught on that Harry Potter is a children's series. They treat it like serious business, even on this board
True story

>> No.956455

>>956448

i dated dumbledore in high school.

true story, bro

>> No.956456

>>956420
>Neither would be taught or used in an enlightened society
That is the probably too the reason why most european countries don't have a compulsory military service...oh stop we still have that in the important parts and Europe is the center of the enlightend world.

Let's say you would be a magican: What would you against someone the hellfire spell? There is nothing you can do except running because you don't know dark magic, would you know them you could control the fire yourself. It's all about weakness and fear.

>> No.956463

>>956456

>What would you against someone the hellfire spell?

>avada kedavra

>> No.956469

>>956463
Correct, you use dark magic against dark magic. That means you are equal with you enemy.

>> No.956476

I thought he was fighting for his own immortality but it's been forever since I read those books.

>> No.956477

>>956456

I'm bored so I'll assume your not trolling but just really bad at english and sentence structuring

I'll further assume that the part about "Hellfire spell" is referring to the part where Crab (or Goyle) uses that fire spell in The Room of Requirement

1) You do realise that the guy who performed that spell died in the ensuing fire? so your point of having the guts to use these spells kind of backfires there cause it sort of proves there was a good reason not to use this spell
2) It is stated a number of times that witches and wizards DO know about dark magic, but that they refrain from using it, for good reasons, be it because performing them would mean doing things that are terrible (killing people to make a horcrux for example) or because the effects are terrible (Unforgiveable Curses)

>> No.956491

>>956477
here's another angle, i just reread them..

people have been known to resist the imperius curse.
i cant remember a mention of people resisting cruciatus, but i do know that you need to "mean it" for it to have a real effect.
you can either dodge avada kedavra, counter/dispell it with avada kedavra, or be godlike like harry.

>> No.956527

>>956477
1. Using any sort of fire spell inside a closed room is just fucking dumb, it's not the magics fault that it's master is an idiot.
2. Four spells out of thousands are not ground for discussion.

Either they should ban dark magic completly(there is a whole street for that so it is obviously aloud) or they shouldn't be suprised when someone sees the power of the dark arts and uses them.
It's the same with guns either way you forbid them completly or you make them accessable for everyone. Britain decided for the second but states that only bad people would use them which of course leads to the state that normal citizens are helpless and bad people are powerful. It is as if the USA would have the same weapon laws as now but would say that housewifes who keep a weapon at home for defence would be bad people, people who use their weapons for bad things on the other hand wouldn't care the slightest.
There is no policy that encourages the use of the dark arts for bad things more than the policy of Britain in Harry Potter.

>> No.956529

Dark magic != powerful magic
Normal magic != weak magic

I'm pretty sure both kinds have powerful and weak curses and spells
Dark simply denotes that unsavory things are involved

>> No.956556

I still love you Dumbledore. I hope you are happy in the land of the dead. I miss you!

>> No.956560

>>956527

O.K.
I thought you were just a friendly troll who wanted to discuss the use of dark magic
Your last post however kind of shows you are a complete nutcase who wants to involve gun laws
Have fun, but I'm not getting into an argument over that kind of stupid philosophy, that leads to comparing the number of gun related deaths between countries and other crap I'm not in the mood for or well versed in
I just know what J.K. Rowling wrote about in Harry Potter

>> No.956592

you guys are worse than trekkies.

>> No.956629

>>956592

>you guys are worse than trekkies.

*blushes*
Why thank you, what a nice thing to say to a stranger

>> No.956630

What annoys me the most is the character Dumbledore.
Because, well, I see him the way the 'normal' adults do in the series. He is too old, he is growing senile, he should step down as headmaster since he isn't fit to do that anymore.

Of course the children are "Noo. He is just special! He has special magic and is.. well. .magical and special and wise, and..." Same shit as with Gandalf, trying to pull off that old, mystical and wise, but just appears to be senile.

>> No.956740

>>956630

Then you'll probably love the fact Dumbledore and Voldemort are insanely old too
Voldemort is in his 70's and Dumbledore is past 110 I think when he dies
It's all pieced together from things in CoS happening 50 years before and things Rowling has said

>> No.956747

>>956740

Voldemort gets away with this, he spent a bunch of years being mostly dead.

>> No.956773

>>956239

Power.

>> No.956781

>>956630

>magical and special and wise

He's highly intelligent, powerfully magical (see fight with Voldemort in OotP) and he controls Snape and the Order of the Phoenix
So what makes you say he's growing senile? There's nothing in the books to support that

>> No.956795

>>956781

His 'planning' concerning Harry? All major decisions in the series he makes are badly thought out and fuzzy.

>> No.956822

I always wondered if there was some sort of analog to the NRA that defended American wizards constitutional right to use dark magic.

>> No.956855

>>956795

>badly thought out and fuzzy

Well it worked in the end, his big plan so he was right, but I'll grant you that there were parts where he trusted on people and events a normal person would probably have not
But fuzzy?
No
You might not agree with him, but DD was very clear in what he thought would and should happen, nothing fuzzy about that

>> No.956890

Run Dumbledore! Its Voldemart!!

>> No.956922

>>956890

>Voldemart

Is that like Walmart, only evil?

>> No.956929

>>956922
Don't you mean less evil?

>> No.956932

>>956922

Voldemart and his DeathGreeters.

>> No.956935

>>956239
In a nutshell: Racial purity and world control. Hitler with magic powers.

>> No.956940
File: 14 KB, 679x427, HA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>956932

>DeathGreeters

>> No.957098

>Rowling did an excellent job of establishing how much everyone fears him. People are so afraid of this motherfucker that they wont even utter his name even a decade after everyone thought he was dead.

This is actually what pissed me off the most. At the beginning of the story he's established as this supreme evil force, but every single time we ever see him in the series he's basically just a bumbling incompetent who can be outsmarted and beaten by children. It doesn't help that Rowling was obviously just making shit up as she went along. It's really annoying when, in almost each book, everyone suddenly knows about new things and new magic that were never even alluded to before but will now pop up in everyday conversation.

>> No.957105

>>957098

Well, yeah. She's a housewife publishing a bedtime story for her children that she made up as she went. What the fuck were you expecting?

>> No.957129

>>957105

So when her first few books became huge international successes she couldn't sit down in her mansion and spend 5 minutes making sure her universe and story were consistent?

>> No.957184

>>957129

>spend 5 minutes making sure her universe and story were consistent

Now you can say whatever you want about originality of her villain and the expanding nature of the story, but there was no inconsistency in any of the stories
I also think the argument that you learn about the magic world through Harry, and he is a clear novice and ignorant of almost everything covers just about every angle you wish to take on this

>> No.957199

>>957184

So, an extremely powerful villain that everybody universally fears and is said to be the strongest ever, who in fact is a buffoon making gigantic and obvious mistakes at every single turn is consistent?

>> No.957207

>>957199

Not surprising. He starts out confident and terrifying, but when some baby basically kills him using his own magic, he started to fumble. Sure, everyone's still terrified since he still has power, but the more he realizes he actually may have a worthy opponent in Harry the angrier he gets but also he begins to lose his footing.

>> No.957214

>>956922
>>956932
off topic, vaguely, but in case you haven't seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0WqYWdH74

>> No.957223

>>957207

But he isn't a worthy opponent, Harry is completely shit at every single thing that he does other than sports. As for the "he underestimated the power of the love blah blah blah" shit at the end: IT ALREADY GOT HIM ONCE. HOW STUPID COULD HE POSSIBLY BE NOT TO LOOK THIS SHIT UP IN AN OLD MAGIC BOOK OR SOMETHING?

>> No.957228
File: 97 KB, 550x815, harrypotter3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's simple.

>> No.957229

>>957223

He wasn't aware of it, that's why. And no, Harry really isn't that good, but I think because he has so many people backing him up and essentially willing to die for him, it makes him look much stronger. Even if only as a person and not as a wizard.

>> No.957236

>>957184
>Now you can say whatever you want about originality of her villain and the expanding nature of the story, but there was no inconsistency in any of the stories

I named 2 examples of inconsistency. Voldemort being a bumbling idiot and characters spontaneously acting as though things which the author obviously just made up have been common knowledge all along.

>I also think the argument that you learn about the magic world through Harry, and he is a clear novice and ignorant of almost everything covers just about every angle you wish to take on this

Bullshit. If you want to do that, then you write your story in first person and have the narrator mention that other, more knowledgeable people, are often speaking about things of which the narrator has no knowledge.

>> No.957257

>>957236
Everything is as able and powerful as the plot needs it. Don't look to deep into it. There's not much to look at.

>> No.957266

Speaking of inconsistencies, how about the fact that virtually every secret the main characters uncover throughout the series was apparently known to almost every adult character from the beginning. Christ, if all these people had just gotten together in the first book and fucking told each other everything they knew . . .

>> No.957289

>>957236

>inconsistency.

Is not what you make it out to be inconsistency is things being 1 thing at a certain time and something different a next, that's not what happened

>Voldemort being a bumbling idiot

First of all it's your opinion he's a bumbeling idiot, I see nothing in the books to show he is. Vain, yes and arrogant and all kinds of other things yes, but he's not an idiot
It doesn't help that all kinds of old and little used magic seems to help Harry

>and characters spontaneously acting as though things which the author obviously just made up have been common knowledge all along.

This is almost unavoidable, you can't introduce EVERYTHING in the wizarding world in 1 book, you spread those things around, which at the same time means you have actually interesting things in all of your books, instead of just repeating things that have been present all along (which I would find worse then new things "suddenly" being there)

About the point of view thing, well that would have limited her in her story telling so she chose this, maybe not perfect, way of telling it
Works for me

>> No.957377

I remember some fetus thing wiggling around on the floor when harry meets Tumbledore in the 7th book. What was that about? I can't really remember.

>> No.957387

>>957266
But that would be like giving the wabbit his frootwoops.

>> No.957397

>>957289
>Is not what you make it out to be inconsistency is things being 1 thing at a certain time and something different a next, that's not what happened

Sometimes Voldemort is an intelligent evil force and the single most powerful wizard in the world, when the plot demands it he's a bumbling fool who can't keep up with children.

Pick your favourite magic spells/techniques that everyone starts using or reveals knowledge of in the last few books. In the first few books nobody seemed to know about most of them or allude to them in any way. In later books, suddenly everyone acts as though they were common knowledge all along.

>First of all it's your opinion he's a bumbeling idiot, I see nothing in the books to show he is.

It's been a while, but from what I do remember just about every single thing we ever see Voldemort do was incredibly stupid and usually poorly executed. Especially given the insane amount of overpowered magic revealed (i.e. made up) by the last book.

>This is almost unavoidable, you can't introduce EVERYTHING in the wizarding world in 1 book

No, no, you really can. Typically, in a book like Harry Potter with a protagonist who doesn't know anything about the world he's in, you find a way to have someone give him a general explanation. You know, give a short rundown on what kinds of magic exist and how things work (alternatively, you provide this info directly to the reader). Rowling never did that. Which makes writing really easy (read lazy), because when the reader doesn't know what should be found in the universe and what shouldn't, you get to just make shit up as the plot demands it.

>> No.957494

>>957397

That's still not inconsistency, that would be if Voldemort went from being the most powerful wizard to being some average guy, magically that is
You seem to imply that Voldemort should have been some undefeatable force throughout the series
Problem is if that were true Harry would have died in the first book end of story
I think you're coloring Voldemort based on some general feeling more then actual fact from the books
Voldemort does not make mistakes as such in the books but he does come up often against magic he hadn't or couldn't have foreseen:
In the first book he hadn't realised what had happened the night he tried to kill Harry, in the second book he's up against teenage Voldemort and Harry wins because of arrogance and a lack of insight, in the fourth book Voldemort's plan works to perfection and he's overcome by Priori Inacantatem, very rare piece of magic he couldn't foresee and arrogance because he doesn't simply kill Harry when he has the chance but turns it into a game, in the fifth book Harry is defended by Dumbledore and beats Voldemort because can't stand the "good" nature of Harry and in book 7 there is again Priori Incantatem, more or less dumb luck on Harry's part that he can just get away in time...twice, though the first time (Goddricks Hollow) more so then the second time when he has help from Dobby (Malfoy Mansion) and then there is the point where he thinks he HAS killed Harry and the point at the very end
Not much in the sense of mistakes made, he has in fact on more then one occasion created the perfect situation only to see it slip from his grasp

>> No.957517

Voldemort had some serious daddy issues with the whole paternal abandonment thing and all, so he stereotyped all Muggles as assholes like his father and set out to "purify" the world.

IMHO, I think they should have just let him be an artist...

>> No.957529

did you even read the cunting books, if you couldnt understand a childrens book god help you

>> No.957536

Worst. Supervillain. Ever. Period.

>> No.957537
File: 168 KB, 453x604, jewfro1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.957540

I won't try to deny that his archetype is simple at best, but the fact that he desired a purified world was only the surface of his motivation. More than anything, as emphasized in the book, he feared death--a fear which led to his quest for immortality and border line paranoia for those around him or those who appeared to pose some sort of threat to his well-being, in his mind.

An example of this would be why he pursues Harry, a prophecy was told that bound he and this other (Harry) in a mortal struggle, and, due to his fear, he (Voldemort) bought into the prophecy's validity and marked Harry as his equal.

Overall, its a kid's book. The writing is simplistic, the characters bland, but the universe she's invented is quite the awesome one.

Peace

>> No.957545

>>957517

> I think they should have just let him be an artist...

I see what you did there...

>> No.957548

>>956401

Wait, wait, are spanish or german wizards ever mentioned?!

I must have missed that.

>> No.957563

>>957540

>Overall, its a kid's book. The writing is simplistic, the characters bland, but the universe she's invented is quite the awesome one.

This quote should be used to spam any HP thread on /lit/ to death

>> No.957569

But see, where does Tara Raven Dimentia Gillespie fit into all of this?

>> No.957571

>>957548

>I must have missed that.

You didn't. There was no mention of them, and just to warn you I've read this thread earlier today the guy posting this turns into (more of) an idiot

>> No.957579

>>957571
To the pages of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! We'll settle this once and for all!

>> No.957580

>>957569

>wonder who Tara Raven Dimentia Gillespie
>google
>fan-fic

OOOOOOOH YEAH NOW I REMEMBER

God, I read that to laugh some time ago but even then I couldn't stand it

>> No.957590

>>957579

GL with that, it should be in the chapter named "Bagman and Crouch" chapter 7 to be exact
You won't find it

>> No.957595

>>957580
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

>> No.957605

>>957377
I didn't understand this either. Anyone care to explain? I feel stupid for not understanding something that's probably really obvious.. in a childrens book no less.
That whole chapter just weirded me out though :|

>> No.957610

>>957494
>That's still not inconsistenc

Yes it is, exactly as you defined it.

>You seem to imply that Voldemort should have been some undefeatable force throughout the series

Yes, because that's how he's described by other characters who are themselves extremely powerful.

>Problem is if that were true Harry would have died in the first book end of story

Yep. To avoid this inconsistency, better writing should have been applied by Rowling.

>> No.957613

>Yes, because that's how he's described by other characters who are themselves extremely powerful.

And how he appears, but only when the plot doesn't demand that he become an incompetent.

>> No.957628

>>957377
By murdering and then splitting his soul in order to make Horcruxes, he quite literally split his soul. I'm assuming the train station was a sort of 'limbo'--thus Voldemort's soul was maimed (from his horrible acts) and appeared as such as that 'flayed whimpering child'; this was only a portion of his soul. This also supports why Harry appeared whole and apparently normal (wasn't there even a line or two about him not needing his glasses or something?) for Harry, of course, had not committed such horrible crimes.

>> No.957633

>>957605

That wriggeling thing is implied to be what Voldemort turns in to when he is in what Harry describes as "King's Cross"

>> No.957647

>>957610

>better writing should have been applied by Rowling

Thing is most people don't feel the way you feel, so the writing was o.k. you just don't like it and nothing anyone is going to say on this board is going to change your mind
Which makes you no fun to discuss with

>> No.957658

Mr. Dumbledore!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.957673

He is wishy-washy. Book six killed the series for me, and one of the reasons was just derp he was born from incestuous dark wizards and so he was born evil. Born evil is a shitty copout. She could have taken the high road and had him having serious issues with the wizarding world, but as you see at the end of book 7, the many problems with their system don't get acknowledged or resolved. HP is a series with many wasted opportunities.

>> No.957680

>>956235

as_previOuSLy MENtIoNeD,_THEse MESsSaGeS_wiLl coNTinUe UnTIL YOu_pERmaNeNTLY StOP_AttackIng AND FUCkiNG_with_WwW.aNoN3dSTALk.sE (rEmOVe_thE_3dS),_rEMove ALl iLlEGal CLONEs oF iT AnD_LiES ABoUt iT_and DoNATE_aT_lEasT a MIllIon_Usd_tO_SYSoP_AS_cOmPensATIoN_FOR_ThE_Massive_DAM
agE_yoU reTaRdS_Have_CaUSeD.
xir kr z btcamxcfuap uwxrpyig p rryrff k ki

>> No.957688

>>957673

>he was born from incestuous dark wizards and so he was born evil

That's never implied in the books, not even in the slightest
If you think that, then YOU brought that prejudice with you Voldemort's evil never gets mentioned in the sense of the why
What is implied is that he has serious daddy issues and abandonement issues

>> No.957693

>>957658
But Snap and Loopin were outside masticating to Tara

>> No.957698
File: 54 KB, 418x645, Mustrum_Ridcully.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>956239
Ye gods, that is one ugly critter, BURSAAAAAAAR!! Bring me my crossbow and find a space in the dining hall for another trophy head!

It's true and you know it!

>> No.957705

>>956236

As pREVIouSLy_MeNtIONED,_These_mESSSAGes WiLL_ContiNuE_uNTIL yOu permANeNTLy StoP_aTTackINg And FuckiNG_wiTH_WWw.anOn3dSTAlk.Se_(reMOVE thE_3DS), reMOVE_ALL IlLegaL_clONes oF_it_aND_liEs About It AnD_dOnaTE_At lEaSt_a_MiLLION_USd TO_sYSoP_As_coMPeNsaTIOn For_tHe mAssivE damaGE_You_reTaRDs_HaVE_causeD.
t vwephxo hc fn cnpf zo isjp gjzpnff tst c

>> No.957721

>>957693
Run form Volxemort, Dumblydore!!

>> No.957732

>>957688
>posting on /lit/ without punctuation

>> No.957745
File: 40 KB, 344x450, Cohen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>957698

Nah-uh first week Voldemort sets up as a Dark Lord, like Evil Harry (not Potter ofc) he gets a visit from this man

>> No.957752

His goals are pretty obvious, OP. He wants to
1) be immortal
2) be powerful
3) control everything he possibly can
4) enslave Muggles and ensure pureblood wizards are better than everyone else (WHITE SUPREMACY!).

In the beginning, most explanations about him focus on his political goals. Later, the reasons behind his ideals and why he became the monster he was since book 1 are explored. He also seems to enjoy being ugly as fuck.

I'm not saying he isn't a bad villain. He's supposed to be so powerful and shit, when he's actually terribly lame (even more so than Harry, which is saying a lot). His one-sided personality, however, is justified by the fact that he didn't use to be like that, and he only became this after ripping his soul in eight parts (seven horcruxes when you count Harry and the one he's using in his body).

>> No.957767 [DELETED] 

>>957752
>>957752

>soul in eight parts (seven horcruxes when you count Harry and the one he's using in his body)

I saw this coming, first mention in book 6 of 7 horcruxes, I was like, oooooh what if he failed and makes like 6 or 8, then he's fucked
And he was

>> No.957783

>>957752

>his soul in eight parts (seven horcruxes when you count Harry and the one he's using in his body).

I saw this part coming first mention in book 6 of 7 part soul and I was like, oooh, what if he makes a 6 or 8 part one, then he's fucked
And he was

>> No.957785

I plan to remake the Harry Potter movies one day, and they'll be so fucking awesome that I'll be allowed to change important things from the original plot. That will result in the awesomeness that Harry Potter should have been, without any of the faggotry. DH will be almost completely changed (not to worry, they'll still rob Gringotts and ride a dragon).

Also, I'll make sure not to include the epilogue or at least change it completely. Ginny will die or love to another country, Malfoy won't go bald and Harry will probably die in the final battle because that shit about being a Horcrux and getting away with it was, well, shit.

>> No.957797

Haven't you seen this OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepW-AG-Ris
Clearly outlines his evil plans

>> No.957820

My biggest issue with HP was that there was no clear gauge of how the magic worked. Who was able to perform what spells? It was as simple as waving the stick and saying the words. Also, the lack of awesome fireballs and lightning bolts was a downer. But yeah, mainly rowling never explained her system of magic, it just kind of happened. For a GOOD magic system, see Dresden Files.

>> No.957865

Voldemort is Hitler, death eaters are Nazis, Mudbloods are Jews, purebloods are Germans, Harry is the Jew that got away, Hogwarts is allied Europe, and the Ministry of Magic is the US.

Everything you need to know about the turd Rowling took and mistook for literature.

>> No.957868
File: 12 KB, 436x435, 1275969422465.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i love harry potter

>> No.957883
File: 50 KB, 370x499, 1278227201512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>956283

>> No.957894

>>957865

>Everything you need to know about the turd Rowling took and mistook for A CHILDRENS BOOK

>fixed

Literature...really

>> No.958019

>>957797
HOLY FUCK THEY MADE A SEQUEL HOW DID I NOT FIND OUT ABOUT THIS

>> No.958274

>>957595

is this a tommy wiseau gem

>> No.958526

Im amazed someone could suck so much liberal cock. Hurr Dumbledore retconned for homo.

>> No.958557

>>958274
tommy wiseau is for sure a genius.

>> No.958569

>shit tier villain is shit tier

He basically exists to cause conflict in the HP universe. Oh, and there's the Hitler/Supremacist overtones with the 'mudblood' thing.