[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 11 KB, 251x242, annoyed_alien.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9458564 No.9458564[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>tfw moving out tomorrow
>tfw will soon have a 9-5 job with much less free time
>tfw my typical loser suffering that I have spammed on 4chan constantly (no friends, no gf, never had female attention)

Once again I find myself looking back at a time where I was beating myself up (the past 2 years where I had huge amounts of free time and felt guilty about it and ate too much junk food / coffee, didn't learn enough) and I'm thinking that THAT was the golden age and I have constant nostalgia because my life is getting constantly worse

>> No.9458584

Not /lit/.
Man up bitch.

>>>/r9k/

>> No.9458590

>>9458564
Delete or enjoy your ban, invertebrate pleb

>> No.9458592

>>9458564
I am confused. How is this related to literature?

>> No.9458598

>>9458564
>Once again I find myself looking back at a time where I was beating myself up (the past 2 years where I had huge amounts of free time and felt guilty about it and ate too much junk food / coffee, didn't learn enough) and I'm thinking that THAT was the golden age and I have constant nostalgia because my life is getting constantly worse

I can very much relate

>> No.9458602

>>9458564
I'm out on my own, and life is getting better and better. Haven't got a job yet, but I've got resumes out and I'm waiting for a call. Going to get in touch with a career counselor because it's taking a while. Social services paying the bills and giving me $400 a month for food and what not for the time being, but I can't wait to get on my own two feet and pay my OWN way. I'm already saving about $70-100 a month. Once I start working, even if it's a minimum-wage job, I'll be saving hundreds a month, or still saving money slowly while going to pubs more often.

I know, it sounds shitty, but here's the kicker; I'm writing just about every single day. Book #7 is coming along great, nearly 10,000 words in even though I've BASICALLY been writing it for less than 4 full days so far, and though I haven't started getting the GOOD pay cheques I'm making about $50 a month which whatever way you cut it is a nice addition to one's income, especially if it's going to be minimum wage which it probably might be.

Tall, strong, good looking, optimistic, motivated, ambitious, relatively intelligent, dominant and confident, still young (not even 30 yet), and I'm neither married or divorce nor with children or child support. Whole life ahead of me.

Feels. Fucking. Good.

Do somethin with your life, OP. I'm making marked progress towards a profession in writing, which will be a profession I will love. When you love what you do, it's not work, but you get paid for it all the same even though you genuinely enjoy it. Now THAT is a life worth living. So you have one question to answer yourself, OP; what the fuck do you want to do with your life? Figure that out, and you're on the right track. If I've learned anything in my brief life, it is this; there is one simple little word that can make a break a man. When down in the dumps, it can show you the light. That word is: Purpose. Find your purpose, and you find your reason for suffering that 9-5 job. It's only temporary while you get things lined up for your REAL profession.

>> No.9458628

>working a 9-5 job
>only doing about 4-5 hours of actual work, 3-4 hours free to do whatever the fuck I want
>read and draw during the free time

>> No.9458635

>>9458628
kek, this

feels good

don't even care that the payment isn't amazing, it's enough to lead a mediocre life

>> No.9458660

>>9458564

>I'm feeling some feelings so I'd better make a completely off-topic thread and blog post about it

You're a little faggot. Fuck your problems.

Fuck off.