[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 23 KB, 534x355, Michael Hollaback.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9423436 No.9423436 [Reply] [Original]

>Dude sex lmao
>Hahaha you guys ever thought about loneliness?
>Fuck contemporary western culture lol
>*writes another self portrait*
Is this the most overrated author in history? He's a total one trick pony, and his only trick is being sad

>> No.9423438

he's not the "most" overrated author in history....but he is one of them

>> No.9423481

>>9423436
He's actually underrated as far as his documentation of late liberal anomie goes.

His subjects are often similar, but he approaches them from different angles in each work. I've yet to have to read one of his works that feels redundant after the rest and so far I've read five of them.

>> No.9423502

>>9423481
How would you rank the ones you've read?
I read Submission, and I read half of Whatever earlier, and they're pretty compelling. I accidentally got The Map and the Territory from the library as well.

>> No.9423551

>>9423502
I've read Whatever, Elementary Particles, Lanzarote, Platform and Submission.

I liked all of them but I think I liked Platform the most, followed by Elementary Particles and Whatever. Submission was also great for its relevance and for taunting the French (or just Western liberal societies in general) for their ideological bankruptcy. Lanzarote was also nice.