[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 33 KB, 334x400, 1005-alternate-2-440x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9411839 No.9411839 [Reply] [Original]

I am trying to write a book for the first time and have come up with 2 concepts that i want to do.

Which one should i focus on first, What advice can Lit give me to get started.

first one
>Protagonist is a prince in a fantasy kingdom whose aunt became queen after his father died.
>the kingdom is in a civil war whose rebellion is lead by a Sauron type darklord, a typical BBEG who uses black magic, undead, and demonic forces.
>the Prince fights against the Darklord for his Aunt, but uncovers evidence of his Aunt's wrongdoing including poisoning his father, the heir to the throne.
>in order to save the Kingdom he joins the Darklord whose actions while deplorable are understandable and sometimes justified

I planned to have parallels with the last election. is that a good idea?

second one
>also in a fantasy Kingdom with a civil war
>war is between the Church backed monarchy and a heretic driven rebellion
>protagonist is part of the rebellion
>is sent by the leaders on a mission to retrieve an artifact that could end the war
>main antagonist is a messiah figure to the church
>comes across atrocities done by both factions
>begins to question the righteousness of his faction
>learns that the antagonist has a secret agenda

this one i planned to base on the spanish civil war.

well Lit

>> No.9412015
File: 19 KB, 326x454, 1491964347010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Write instead of talking to random morons on the internet. I know o feelss better to talk about your ideas and plans instead of actually writing them, this just slows you down. Furthermore, no matter what any of us say, you will end up using the one you like the most.

Just write, don't talk about it, just write it.