[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 24 KB, 335x447, dfgfdg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
930700 No.930700 [Reply] [Original]

so i found this on display in front of a local bookstore

has anyone read this?

>> No.930703

Nope, but I already know what it it says.

>> No.930711

I can't wait for Baby Boomers to just finally die.

>> No.930713

>>930703

This.

Thanks for fucking up the world and overzealously spoiling every future generation to fuck, you Boomer bastards!

>> No.930719

>make huge leaps and bounds in technology and science in past 60 years
>raise generations against this backdrop
>indulge them with technology catering to their needs
>break them intellectually creating new generations of retarded assholes uninterested in anything but social technology and willingly excessive consumption

>hurr durr y r they so dumb? back in my day herp derp

>> No.930726

Shut the fuck up about how we 'waste all our time on social networking', Mark. Like you and your fucking generation didn't do the same thing. God damn poseur Baby Boomers so 'committed to political action, man' and then fucking ten years later voting for Reagan, panem et circences (yeah you see that Mark? That's some fucking LATIN, you like that shit, Marky? Can I call you Marky?), overly entitled, smug, went to college to avoid Vietnam, motherfuckers.

Jesus Christ, WE refuse to grow up? We refuse to grow up? It's your fucking generation that refuses to compromise one cent on either spending or tax hikes. It is your fucking generation that is spending us into a hole in the fucking ground, and taking all our fucking money for social security, and running up massive god-damned deficits that you're going to pass on to us. If that's your model of political engagement, well, then I guess all I can say is fuck you.

>> No.930729

Baby BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWmers

>> No.930732

Also, given that you are a professor, writing this book is straight-up an insult to every fucking student you've had in the last ten years

Real fucking classy, motherfucker

>> No.930735
File: 66 KB, 650x867, 1268691221309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>930726
>Oldfags want entitlements.
>Youngfags want to kick them in the dentures.
>"OH NOES DON'T TRUST DA YOUNGINS THEY DUMB!"

>> No.930738

>>930735
It's not even that I want to kick them in the dentures. Like, it's a complex issue, and the fact that promises of repayment were made to older people has to bear some weight.

It's just this bullshit about how shitty our generation is and how we're 'not politically active enough' and waste all our time on facebook that bothers me, because the baby boomers were never really any more politically motivated than our generation, beyond poseur political activity for social reasons and FUCK YOU GOT MINE. And, again, they apparently refuse to acknowledge any problem with entitlements or the massive deficit that they're creating and passing on to us, because they're politically engaged and don't go on facebook (actually a lot of them do go on facebook even though they're like 55 but whatever)

>> No.930743

>steal from your kids
>steal from your grandkids
>ask for more and complain about how much your kids and grandkids suck

fuckyeah.jpg

>> No.930746

OP here

so has anyone read it?

>> No.930750

When the baby boomers were my age, 25, they were hanging out in communes and having sex orgies while on heavy drugs.

Free love and all that bullshit.

>> No.930754

>>930738
I'm aware of politics and pay attention to them, it's just that I don't give a shit. It's obvious that the United States is being fucked over repeatedly and that's what I hear on the news and internet on a day to day basis.

>> No.930762

>>930726

I'll quote you on that.

>> No.930765

>>930762
Can you correct the spelling error I made in the heat of the moment? Circenses takes two Cs and two S-es.

>> No.930766

Our generation may not be the twilight of the West, but I'm sure we'll do our best to hasten it.

The Boomers are redoubtably the worst generation, though.

>> No.930767

I don't like the implication that giant robots are for stupid people.

>> No.930768

Not yet, but I'll get to it for the sake RAGE.

>> No.930770

>>930765
Done and done. Cheers, mate.

>> No.930779

Mark's a trolling cunt. Big surprise.

>> No.930795

It looks like one of those books that only complain, and offer no real solution.

We got A LOT of those in Germany, even something in the same vein, and I regret spending 10 bucks on it now.

>> No.930829

Every single generation thinks the one that comes after them is the dumbest ever. Seriously, they were saying this shit back when the Roman Empire was the next big thing. It's just pure bullshit.

>> No.930838

>>930829
Our generation seems the dumbest because it is easier than ever for dumb people to get their voice heard on the internets.

In reality, there is no sudden change in human nature.

>> No.930842

>>930795
Yeah books or essays that simply argue why something is a problem but don't put any time into considering possible solutions really annoy the fuck out of me. Half the time they don't even bother to pay lip service to a "call-to-arms" "Lets get some shit done!" chapter that simply urges others to find solutions . . . they just portray a reality that is a hopeless quagmire and then drop you.

Fuck those books.

>> No.930904

"Most apathetic generation" would work better.

Bunch of narcissist asshole.

>> No.930924

Baby boomer generation: Grew up during a period of unprecedented economic prosperity and international dominance

"Dumbest" generation: Growing up during a period of economic turmoil mostly brought about by the greediness of "baby boomers" in power and a shift in international relevance

And then they're called dumb because they seem so preoccupied with social networking when all these people did in their younger years was drugs or fuck other people

>> No.931273

>>930700
it's just catering to the market

>> No.931285

>>930924

You're a moron. The baby-boomer generation did not consist 100% of hippies, and I really don't understand where people are getting this idea from. It's so silly. Hippies, and extremist left-leaning youths were a minority, not a majority.

>> No.931293

Haven't read it, but heard the interview with the author on NPR a while back. From what I understand, his argument for our generation being the "dumbest" is based largely on the idea that we don't memorize things anymore (I remember him rattling off a number of examples that were all pretty much "young people these days can't recite x poem from heart!"), which is just fucking stupid. Why memorize shit when you don't have to? It's a waste of brain-space when we have easily accessible artificial external memory at our fingertips at all times. Furthermore, rote memorization of facts and texts isn't exactly indicative of intelligence.

>> No.931301

right, because I have all the information at my fingertips, and have learned how to listen to the odyssey audio book that I downloaded via torrent while posting on 4chan all while being under the age of 16, I'm a big dummy oh and just to fact check that the book wasn't being satirical in the title I looked up a review http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-book5-2008jul05,0,6248930.story
apperently as the review starts out it comment on how our generation doesn't have time for lengthy reads and we should be on our way to facebook. which there is nothing wrong with people taking less time to read through some thing, before the invention of paper and alphabet, people would spend there entire lives memorizing one or two books now people can learn about thousands of things in just one day thanks to the internet

>> No.931304

I'll just wait for the movie.

>> No.931305

>>931285
Yeah, most of them were moma's boys or dady's girls who did what they were told and then felt alienated in life because the world didn't turn out like their (their parents) dream of how things should be. So, they blame their kids while trying to carve a short-sided niche out of life for themselves in hope they can create an illusory world around themselves, that's less real than any video game or social networking service can hope to be. The way I see it, the hippies were those of them that should have inherited the world, if not for all the brain destroying drugs.

>> No.931312

>>931285
television supports this idea, but of course if you just wiki it will tell you the truth.

>> No.931314

>>931285
Nowhere did I say that was the case lol
Point is these people who experienced a relatively worry-free coming of age seem to be the ones calling our generation lazy and stupid

>> No.931317

>>931304
lol

>> No.931322

>>931304

>directed by michael moore

>> No.931326

>>931322
Actually, I'd rather expect Michael to attack his own generation than us.

>> No.931328

>>931322
more like Ben Stein

>> No.931332

>>931293
I love it when people use that logic to show that young people are dumb.

These young'uns can't remember when the Battle of Bunker Hill took place! maybe because our education isn't just rote learning of facts. Maybe a baby boomer could explain how to set up a wireless home network or digitally touch up a photograph or even just use social networking to organise an event or protest.

>> No.931335

this thread
>implying that there aren't millions of dumbass american kids who slobber all over facebook all day

>> No.931337

Most Americans are dumb. Period.

>> No.931343

>>931332
I agree with you, and the battle of bunker hill was fought June 17, 1775, wikid it
old people ownd

>> No.931351

>>931335
>With the emphasis on kids.
I hate how many of the 4chan tough guys are falling into the exact same trap as the baby boomer generation.
Inexperience =/= folly. Sure, you can call your siblings and their friends "retarded" but so were you there age and, if you can not recognize that fact you are arguably still in that state.

>> No.931353

>>931337
that's actually most of the problem, american education has gone way down since the baby boomer decade, it has nothing to do with the digital age, it has to do with political intervention, like the recent rewright of text books by the texas board of education which doesn't just effect texans but everybody, except California who make there own.

>> No.931360

>>931351
But they are retarded. The difference between our generation and the baby boomers is that we understand they'll stop being retarded one day.

>> No.931365

>>931335
I will agree that facebook is ridiculous and some of my smartest friends who aren't nerdy enough to need something else to support there social interaction with others have deleted there facebooks, but most kids who slobber over facebook are nothing like how they are on there in real life

>> No.931367

Another problem with the Baby Boomers. They expect us to "grow up" or do this and that while we're in our teens or early adulthood but instead of teaching us or showing us they expect us to find out on our own. But back in their day, father/son, mother/daughter, mentor/student relationships were a cornerstone in growing up. You can't expect me to become interested or good at baseball dad if you never play with me you dumb fuck!

>> No.931377

Seems like it would be similar to The Shallows. The author of this books seems to be placing the blame on the younger generation, instead of on themselves who actually brought about the digital age and didn't teach the younger generation to think for themselves.

>> No.931379

>>931360
nonsense, your just tolling

>> No.931387

So when my generation finally controls America (2040s-2050s), what will it be like? Will we be more impulsive when it comes to military action or even more apathetic? Will we revamp shit to where it's completely different such as education and even our political system? Will the Nuclear Family finally be disbanded? Gay marriage and weed legalized across the board?

I hope we're awesome as hell.

>> No.931388
File: 34 KB, 720x540, 1278493869941.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Gundam
>dumb

>> No.931389

>>931367
uh, ok some family issues brought out on the interwebs

>> No.931395

>>931387
You really want to know what will happen to America by then?

Mexicans. Mexicans everywhere.

>> No.931398

>>931387
it'll be the same as it always fucking is except America won't be the huge power it was before

we'll be like france

>> No.931404

>>931377
that generation didn't make the digital age what it is

>> No.931406

idea's like the ones this book presents are weak and invalid. using scapegoats is disgusting and people love to point and say "hey thats the sole reason everything is like it is".

>> No.931409

>>931389
Hardly. The baseball analogy is false since I don't live in the states and while I'll admit that the relationship with my father has been shaky at times, my situation is too abnormal to be considered the norm. In short, I was generalizing what many of my close friends feel is the source of the problem.

>> No.931424

Maybe our generation would be more politically active if the baby boomers didn't try their hardest to keep us out of politics and keep saying how dumb we are and how worthless our opinions are.

>> No.931445

>>931424
maybe people tend to be on the retarded side and that's why democracy is fucking stupid.

also, look at our age group. i mean seriously.

>> No.931461

What I'm interested in is if there's an antithesis out there that puts forward a more realistic view on the situation or even dares to go all "fuck yea Generation X/Y". Because I'm tired of all the nay-saying and of the bleak future already laid on for us by the previous generation.

>> No.931463

>>931461
When the baby boomers were young they were saying don't trust anyone over 30. Now they're the generation in charge they're stamping on the next generation just like they were stamped on.

>> No.931469

>>931463
Yeah. Let us hope we won't repeat that process. I'll personally try to avoid it.

>> No.931470

>>931463
they they us us

fuck off

>> No.931471

>Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.
>Socrates

This is not a new argument.

>> No.931474

>>931471

That's one of those false quotations.

>> No.931475

>>931474
did google tell you that?

>> No.931477

>>931471
Socrates wouldn't say that, unless jokingly.
Plato, acting on his behalf totally would though.
Mind, I don't claim this as a truth, I'm only basing this on the differing feeling I get when I read Plato's earlier, supposedly truthful texts on Socrates and the later texts where he uses him as a vehicle for his own ideas.

>> No.931485

Well, what do you expect?

The death of the nuclear family due to over 50 percent of marriages ending in divorce compounded with the need to have both parents working full time, has caused a lot of youngsters to retreat into digital environments and find gratification/attention from other sources.

But I'm sure that's our fault too, right?

>> No.931488
File: 118 KB, 500x599, tumblr_kzrkj0UONJ1qa3xbjo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Old and middle-aged people are, of course, geniuses.

>> No.931496

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/gallery/dumbestgeneration/

>1. They make excellent "Jaywalking'' targets
>2. They don't read books -- and don't want to, either
>3. They can't spell
>4. They get ridiculed for original thought, good writing
>5. Grand Theft Auto IV, etc.
>6. They don't store the information
>7. Because their teachers don't tell them so
>8. Because they're young

>> No.931504

>>931477

Regardless of who said it, the sentiment has been around since forever. Bawwwww, young people do things differently and it scares me. They must be stupid since they're not the same as I was at their age.

>> No.931507

>>931504
Yes, but what is alarming is how actively the BB generation has acted against us on that sentiments behalf. Many of them basically view their own children as enemies.

>> No.931517

so its like a greek tragedy then

>> No.931528

>>931517
Yeah, it kind of is. Except you can exchange overall maliciousness with greed and ignorance as the main source of conflict most of the time.

>> No.931536
File: 28 KB, 298x453, Blackboardjungle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>931471
>tyrannize their teachers

>> No.931540

>>931471

That's mostly minorities.

We need to bring back lynching :P.

>> No.931544

>>931540
I didn't know that privileged white children were a minority

>> No.931547

>>931544

Now you do

>> No.931548

>>931507

Well, they've created little monsters. We're assholes. We're arrogant, attention-craving, little shits that aren't afraid to take the reigns in our personal lives but too apathetic to step forward and do something on a grander scale. Worse, we're more educated than ever before, and we love to argue. So instead we've adopted a world (the internet) where we can satisfy our own needs and they can't figure out how to even work the damn thing. In turn, we've also made it an us vs. them game because of all the responsibility they've burdened on us. Like our parents at this age, we don't want wars or deficits or even high paying careers with some soulsucking company. We want to create, impress, and have fun with our youth. Play video games or read/write books, or travel. Not go into the workforce. At the same time, the reality of the future looms on the horizon and we know that the party has to end at some point. We also know who's footing the bill. That makes those who are aware want to raaaaaage.

At the same time I also believe there are a lot of stupid people our age. Just as there are a lot of stupid older people. Stupidity knows no age gap.

These are generalizations, which naturally don't apply to everything, but I can see why there's so much generational divisiveness.

>> No.931549

>>931544
they are. 90% of the world lies outside their category.

>> No.931564

Fuck him, our generation is more worldly, and more forgiving than his ever was. And our major drawbacks (unbridled narcissism) are only the direct fault of the previous generation. What looks like ignorance and apathy from over the hill is in realty a greater awareness. Our generation cares, we just don't care about the shit our father's cared about, which is arguably a good thing because the shit they cared about is fucking asinine.

Thoreau said it best, "Practically, the old have no very important advice to give the young, their own experience has been so partial, and their lives have been such miserably failures, for private reasons, as they must believe; and it may be that they have some faith left which belies that experience, and they are only less young than they were. I have lived some thirty years on this planet, and I have yet to hear the first syllable of valuable or even earnest advice from my seniors. They have told me nothing, and probably cannot tell me anything to the purpose. Here is life, an experiment to a great extent untried by me; but it does not avail me that they have tried it. If i have any experience which i think valuable, I am sure to reflect that this my Mentors said nothing about. "

>> No.931572

>>931548
I disagree. While it's true that general apathy is a problem with us I think its source lies heavily with the media, who demonizes us to a point were everything we say or do holds no value within the consensus of those who come before us. It is also a question of material and intellectual greed. The Boomers, like us, want to play their games, read/write books and travel. So, they divide the slice of comfort amongst themselves and expect us do do their dirty work at the cost of our desire to play, because they sure as hell don't want the Mexicans to do it for us.

>> No.931581

Every generation is dumber than the last because there's no natural enemy to eat the stupid ones. They don't starve to death or fall of cliffs or stupid shit like that. The stupid of our generation are coddled through life and then they breed six kids for the welfare because they're too dumb to get and keep a job.

>> No.931590

This kind of social criticism is only acceptable if it is self-criticism (author is under 30 in other words). Unless English profs have some kind of profound understanding of what it was like to grow up with a SNES, they need to STFU.

>> No.931597

>>931548
>too apathetic to step forward to do anything on a grand scale
This is 100% a good thing. 99% of the problems in the world are directly due to people "stepping up" and butting their filthy stinking assholes in places where they aren't wanted. Can't you imagine how much better the world would be if everyone just minded their own goddamned business for once, instead of going on some holy moral crusade at every opportunity?

Honestly, so much of what gets mistaken for apathy is just not getting our panties in a bunch of stuff that frankly doesn't concern us.

>> No.931606

>>931581
Im a social worker, very much this.
Defying darwinism on a daily basis.

>> No.931610

>>931597
> implying stepping up equals holy moral crusade
Fuck civilization, let's all go back to hunting and gathering.

>> No.931619

>>931610
It does imply that. The time of the strong alpha male leader is over. It was an illusion that did more harm than good. Our generation will step up because it is needed, not because it is desired.

>> No.931625

No. Maybe we're getting lazier, but not dumber.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

>> No.931628

We got Moot to the top of the Time 100.

>> No.931635

>>931581
The thing is, I don't even think our generation is any dumber than preceding generations. It's just that it's not PC to talk shit about oldsters, so our generation gets all the shit.

>> No.931646

>>931606
HA

a social worker.....
kill yourself you tax eating faggot

>> No.931649

>>931625
>implying the IQ system is not 100% bullshit

>> No.931661

>>931649
It may be, but is there a better way of measuring these kinds of changes?

>> No.931664
File: 20 KB, 344x259, 1278018862537.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>931646
>tax eating

>> No.931665

We're no more retarded than any other generation of young adults.

I do think so much time on the google-machine leads to shallow thinking though. There are so many really smart people who sit around googling and wiki'ing all day, learning little bits and pieces about everything but never focusing on and mastering one subject.

>> No.931666

>>931649
>Implying it is.
It is far from perfect, and only examines a limited range of intelligence, but its an acceptable estimate in some cases. I just wish that it would be recognized as such and that people would quit making its results into the badge of honor/shame that it truly does not provide.

>> No.931705

Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

My words but a whisper -- your deafness a SHOUT.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
So you ride yourselves over the fields and
you make all your animal deals and
your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.
And the sand-castle virtues are all swept away in
the tidal destruction
the moral melee.
The elastic retreat rings the close of play as the last wave uncovers
the newfangled way.
But your new shoes are worn at the heels and
your suntan does rapidly peel and
your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.

>> No.931709

>>931705
And the love that I feel is so far away:
I'm a bad dream that I just had today -- and you
shake your head and
say it's a shame.

Spin me back down the years and the days of my youth.
Draw the lace and black curtains and shut out the whole truth.
Spin me down the long ages: let them sing the song.

See there! A son is born -- and we pronounce him fit to fight.
There are black-heads on his shoulders, and he pees himself in the night.
We'll
make a man of him
put him to trade
teach him
to play Monopoly and
to sing in the rain.

The Poet and the painter casting shadows on the water --
as the sun plays on the infantry returning from the sea.
The do-er and the thinker: no allowance for the other --
as the failing light illuminates the mercenary's creed.
The home fire burning: the kettle almost boiling --
but the master of the house is far away.
The horses stamping -- their warm breath clouding
in the sharp and frosty morning of the day.
And the poet lifts his pen while the soldier sheaths his sword.

>> No.931713

>>931709
And the youngest of the family is moving with authority.
Building castles by the sea, he dares the tardy tide to wash them all aside.

The cattle quietly grazing at the grass down by the river
where the swelling mountain water moves onward to the sea:
the builder of the castles renews the age-old purpose
and contemplates the milking girl whose offer is his need.
The young men of the household have
all gone into service and
are not to be expected for a year.
The innocent young master -- thoughts moving ever faster --
has formed the plan to change the man he seems.
And the poet sheaths his pen while the soldier lifts his sword.

And the oldest of the family is moving with authority.
Coming from across the sea, he challenges the son who puts him to the run.

What do you do when
the old man's gone -- do you want to be him? And
your real self sings the song.
Do you want to free him?
No one to help you get up steam --
and the whirlpool turns you `way off-beam.

LATER.
I've come down from the upper class to mend your rotten ways.
My father was a man-of-power whom everyone obeyed.
So come on all you criminals!
I've got to put you straight just like I did with my old man --
twenty years too late.
Your bread and water's going cold.
Your hair is too short and neat.
I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me.

>> No.931718

>>931666
I kind of see what you're saying. Personally, I think "intelligence quotient" is a pretty misleading name for it.

>> No.931719

>>931713
You curl your toes in fun as you smile at everyone -- you meet the stares.
You're unaware that your doings aren't done.
And you laugh most ruthlessly as you tell us what not to be.
But how are we supposed to see where we should run?
I see you shuffle in the courtroom with
your rings upon your fingers and
your downy little sidies and
your silver-buckle shoes.
Playing at the hard case, you follow the example of the comic-paper idol
who lets you bend the rules.

So!
Come on ye childhood heroes!
Won't you rise up from the pages of your comic-books
your super crooks
and show us all the way.
Well! Make your will and testament. Won't you?
Join your local government.
We'll have Superman for president
let Robin save the day.

You put your bet on number one and it comes up every time.
The other kids have all backed down and they put you first in line.
And so you finally ask yourself just how big you are --
and take your place in a wiser world of bigger motor cars.
And you wonder who to call on.

So! Where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday?
And where were all the sportsmen who always pulled you though?
They're all resting down in Cornwall --
writing up their memoirs for a paper-back edition
of the Boy Scout Manual.

LATER.
See there! A man born -- and we pronounce him fit for peace.
There's a load lifted from his shoulders with the discovery of his disease.
We'll
take the child from him
put it to the test
teach it
to be a wise man
how to fool the rest.

We will be geared to the average rather than the exceptional
God is an overwhelming responsibility
we walked through the maternity ward and saw 218 babies wearing nylons
cats are on the upgrade
upgrade? Hipgrave. Oh, Mac.

>> No.931725
File: 389 KB, 1046x1024, thick_as_a_brick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>931719
...etc
http://www.boudnik.org/~cos/music/JethroTull/Albums/ThickAsABrick-lyrics.html

>> No.931729

>>930795
Your people complain A LOT, Krautfag.

I fucking hate Germans and Germans living in America because of their shitty sense of superiority and entitlement. They constantly give Americans unneeded and patronizing advice that they won't shut up about. If you're a foreigner living in America you have no right to talk about how you think it's people can be improved. Fuck, please get someone in America to deport all your immigrants and expats here back to your own fucking country.

>> No.931737

>>931581

Education system=natural selection

It's like the author watched Wall-E and decided to apply the situation to real life. I use the internet, play GTA, and am a law student. This guy just wants to make a buck by pissing some people off and making other people nod their heads.

I think I'll write a book called, "Why Old Guys Are Angry: A Study of Erectile Dysfunction"

>> No.931739

>>931729
>Implying Americans don't complain as much or even more than Krauts.
>Implying that you didn't just have a bad day and are projecting.

>> No.931740

>>931665
Maybe this is not such a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the future favors a broad, qualitative knowledge over specialized, deep knowledge. Without a massive increase in energy production, hard science is not going to grow nearly as fast as it has in the past, and this means that progress is going to come mainly from trying novel combinations of pre-existing technology. The people who are going to do this best are going to have to have a very broad education.

>> No.931764

>>931740
Or just a really broad scope of knowledge. I have a feeling that all this "useless, junk information" we're supposedly rotting our brains away will prove to be surprisingly valuable when the time comes where we take over. Just because they can't understand it doesn't mean it isn't of any value, to us at least.

>> No.931772

>>931729
>superiority and entitlement
No one could accuse you of being guilty of that, could they?

>> No.931928

If it's not in regard to Baby Boomers, then it's complete bullshit.

>> No.932345

>>931496
What are your views on this? The eight main reasons he lists in the book on why we're retarded.

>> No.932354

>>932345
I think my response to Bauerlein's unprovoked and insane attacks can be summed up thus: Put my whole dick into your mouth. Try and fit my whole dick and nuts into your mouth.

QED.

>> No.932495

>>931496
>>932345

>1. They make excellent "Jaywalking'' targets
What? I assume this refers to them having their eyes on their phones rather than the roads. Natural selection is a bitch.
>2. They don't read books -- and don't want to, either
Holy sweeping generalisations, Batman. Many do read, just what they tend to read is carbon-copy garbage.
>3. They can't spell
Dat edacation systems
>4. They get ridiculed for original thought, good writing
Kids aren't respected at all. They're treated like prize animals by Generation Jones and just used as either an accessory to one-up their parents' friends or to collect more welfare, and it's mostly their dipshit friends that rebuke their intelligence because being smart is almost as undesirable as being poor.
>5. Grand Theft Auto IV, etc.
I don't give a shit about the video games argument, other than to say I actually think there's a desensitivisng link, so to speak.
>6. They don't store the information
Actually they do. It just doesn't always tend to be useful, i.e. Celeb goss and that bullshit
>7. Because their teachers don't tell them so
Teachers don't tell them they're dumb? Gee I wonder why that could be. Excessive testing speaks volumes more than teachers can (who just follow agendas of their schools which are often just as goals and statistics driven as any business), anyway.
>8. Because they're young
Youth =/= folly. Teach them well in an academic and parental environment and we could be onto a winner.

>> No.932500

>>932495

>desensitising

derp

>> No.932508

>>932495
"Jaywalking" is a recurring segment on Jay Leno's Tonight Show. They ask random people on the street the kind of questions that everyone is supposed to know the answer to, and then they air the dumbest responses.

>> No.932509

>>932500
Are you making fun of his spelling? I'm pretty sure that's the accepted spelling in UK/Australia.

>> No.932511

This board kind of proves that the current generation reads.

Also in the UK kids are told they're dumb by the media every year when the major exam results are published. If they fail it's because they're stupid, if they do well it's because the exams were too easy so they're still stupid.

>> No.932513

>>932509
>desensitivisng

You were saying?

>> No.932514

>>932509
moar like the UGAY/AusGAYlia

>> No.932517

>>932508
So kids are dumb because they get caught out by tv show segments designed to make people look dumb by basing intelligence on memorisation of trivia? This guy's the penetrating light of truth shining through the fog of ignorance!

>> No.932518

So the digital age is the Boomers' fault?

I'd blame their children, or Gen X stuck in the middle.

>> No.932519

>>932514
USGAY, it works both ways brah!

>> No.932523

>>932509

No, I'm the samefag, and I typed "desensitivising" instead of "desensitising"

Oh, and another point on >6.
The info they store at school is purged the moment the exam is over which is also probably down to the fact it's the grades rather than the content that is supposed to matter.
>dont pass highschool, no degree from uni, no job, no life, you are a welfare loser herp derp
Our education system is shit like that.

>>932508

Oh, right, I didn't know that.
I saw a segment a while ago of Leno asking people what the 4th of July signified in that manner, but I didn't know that's what it was called. Thanks.

>> No.932524

>>932519
We'll call it a draw.

>> No.932527

>>932524
Just like the War of 1812!

>> No.932529

>>932527
Yeah.

>> No.932530

>>3290561
http://www.lawl.us/Ki

>> No.932612

Interbellum generation here, you all fucking suck.

>> No.932618

What's with all the "Pr0n K1ng" spam? I haven't noticed it on any other board (not that I read a lot of them).

>> No.932721

>>932511

>This board kind of proves this generation reads

No, it proves they're lazy faggots who read fiction rather than trying to learn or improve themselves.
It proves there's a generation of troglodytes who would rather be masturbating to a footnote in Lord of the Rings instead of educating themselves in the sciences and practical skills and being outside working their bodies into an intimidating level of health and strength.

So much for an active, intelligent, worthwhile generation.

>> No.932730

>>932721

lol

>> No.932939

>>932721
THEY SEE ME TROLLIN'

>> No.932944

Each generation is more intelligent and less violent than the next. Get over it old assholes.

>> No.932946

>>932939
Yeah, I know, doesn't the truth seem like trolling to people who don't want to hear it?

>> No.932952

Fiction doesn't count as reading now?

>> No.932955

>>932952
It counts as something people do to waste time, like playing GameBoy or jacking off.

>> No.932956

>>932721
/sci/ is that way ->

>> No.932957

>>932721
literally nothing is good enough except a nation of strong, bulky, smart men with big, bulky muscles and manly, hairy chests and strong arms

>>932946
dude this is like the oldest trick in the trolling book

>> No.932965

>>930697
aS PrEVIOuSly_MEnTIONed,_THesE messsAGES_wIlL_COnTiNUE_UNTil_you PErMAnENtLy stOp_aTTACKInG_AND_fUcKing WiTh wwW.anONDErPTALk.sE (ReMove_the DErp), rEMoVE_ALl IlleGal_CLonES oF It_aND_LIes AbouT it AND dOnATE_AT lEaSt A_MIllIoN_USD_TO_sysOp aS_COmPeNSation_FoR_THE_mASSIve DAmagE you_retARDs_havE_causEd.
sdavlevc rv mopigkjkiseli qyj tyxdhzuj xf

>> No.932967

http://yworking.com/news/eight-reasons-why-this-is-the-smartest-generation/

>> No.932972
File: 26 KB, 333x475, dubistfront.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>932957

What America needs is fascism.

>> No.932980

>>932967
If this is the smartest generation, why are they so fucking worthless and lazy.

Why do all the females of this generation long to return to their pre-Victorian state of weakness and submissiveness and most of the males of this generation are either pussyboys afraid of getting hurt or getting mud on their shoes, or fat, disgusting and lazy leeches on society?
You tell me that.

>> No.932982
File: 44 KB, 600x391, 165207_190obama_nazi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>932972
Already got it.

>> No.933009

>>932980
They aren't. Hard construction work gets done, heavy labor is still done. It's not old men doing it either. The world keeps going around. You just happen to be lazy. Oh, earlier generations had plenty of people who were lazy as fuck, rude and stupid. In fact, the rate of lazy fucks has gone down.

>> No.933011
File: 28 KB, 350x380, edward-cullen-twilight.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

While I agree with the shittalking in this thread about the baby boomer generation and the how badly they've fucked up the world...

At least they knew how to suck it up and work a little. As someone born in 1988, I am ashamed to say I'm part of the most whiny, pussy lazy generation this planet has ever seen. Most people my age just feel they're entitled to everything and really have no idea what hard work means or what it really means to earn something yourself. All most of them know how to do is whine because their mac/ipod/whatever broke and get their parents to buy them a new one. This is why literature is going to suck even harder in 10-15 years. I believe in art from adversity. And when the generation writing most of what's being published has had everything handed to them and has no real idea of hardship, you can all enjoy the ramblings of emo kids who think they're deep and tortured souls.

tldr: I hate all generations.

Pic sort of related.

>> No.933015

>>932980
>most of the males of this generation are either pussyboys afraid of getting hurt or getting mud on their shoes

Go to a construction yard or an oil field. Notice that they aren't old.

>> No.933016

>>932982

When you compare Obama to the Nazis, you devalue the meaning of the word.

>> No.933021

>>933011
You just weren't around to see the shittyness of earlier generations.

>> No.933032

>>933021

I'm pretty sure in earlier generations, if kids acted like the spoiled little brats they are in public, they'd get a fucking smack to the back of the head.

These days their single mother just ignores it and goes to have a smoke outside.

>> No.933039

>>933016
I only wish Obama were a Fascist.

Not a Nazi, just a Fascist. I just wish he were as close to Fascist ideals as Republicans claim he is.

>> No.933047 [DELETED] 

>>933032
Exactly. This especially applies to diseases like bipolar disease and autism. They aren't an epidemic, they're a product of shitty parenting and undisciplined schools that don't bend brats into shape. So if someone's undisciplined the authorities don't realize that's their own fault and instead think they're kids must be retarded. Fuck that shit.

>> No.933061

If you think autism is the result of poor parenting you're a self-indulgent child. Go away.

>> No.933064

>>933015
THIS THIS THIS FUCKING THIS.

I post on 4chan every evening, play vidya games all the time, read books in my spare moments, and do generally nerdy shit, but by day I got work on a construction site and grunt with the rest of the sweaty working class. When people assume that technological competency and physical ability/work ethic are mutually exclusive it just pisses me off.

>> No.933072
File: 39 KB, 499x449, mexican.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933064
>construction worker

beaner detected

>> No.933073

>>932980
There are worse things for a child to be than afraid of getting hurt. I'd rather have a generation of pussies than a generation of thuggish morons.

>>933032
>I'm pretty sure in earlier generations, if kids acted like the spoiled little brats they are in public, they'd get a fucking smack to the back of the head.

Maybe they did. Do you think that made children act better? Because children were just as much little shits back then as they are now, if not more so.

>> No.933079

>>933064
Maybe you should realize that the world doesn't orbit around you as well.

>> No.933082

>>933073
>There are worse things for a child to be than afraid of getting hurt. I'd rather have a generation of pussies than a generation of thuggish morons.

Perhaps you are unaware we are currently entering Generation-UFC-Brah!

>> No.933083

>>933073
>I'd rather have a generation of pussies than a generation of thuggish morons

Both being a pussy and being a moron are bad. I'd rather have neither. What we do need is a nation of people who are both educated and brave.

>> No.933091

>>933072
You just mad cuz I'm immigratin' on ya.

>> No.933092
File: 234 KB, 1280x800, 1278635268065.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933072

>> No.933093
File: 48 KB, 376x490, Kevin Spacey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933083
>Implying bravery is a positive attribute

>> No.933094

>Hey man remember all those times, when we were young, that we did things we weren't supposed to? Yeah dude we knew how to live. Not like kids these days.

>This generation is so spoiled and has no respect for their elders. They're always causing trouble and never thinking of the consequences. Kids these days.

>> No.933096

>>933093
>implying... it... isn't?

wtf?

>> No.933099
File: 26 KB, 478x468, 1272027231940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>930711
This.

>> No.933100

This is either the greatest troll in history, or the current generation is even more fucking retarded than I could have ever possibly imagined.

I'm outta here!

>> No.933107

>>933093
Since when was bravery not a positive attribute?

Would you rather be around someone who can lead by example and is unafraid of obstacles, or someone who whines like a little bitch baby?

>> No.933109

>>933096
I'd rather be someone who is cold and logical then someone who rushes into things under the auspice of "bravery."

>> No.933110

This book was written by a 60's born Gen Xer.

>> No.933111

>>933109

You're getting bravery confused with bravado.

>> No.933113
File: 72 KB, 382x612, hurrr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933100
Urrrrrrr...... ok?

>> No.933121

>>933109
>Implying you don't need a mix of both.

Way to be a chocolate-dipped double nigger.

>> No.933126

>>933110
A late baby boomer then. Generation X didn't really start full force until the 70's.

>> No.933128

>>933073
>I want to live among a generation of pussies

No, you don't.

>> No.933130

>>933083
>Both being a pussy and being a moron are bad. I'd rather have neither. What we do need is a nation of people who are both educated and brave.

Good luck with that, but you might find you need to settle for less than perfect people. Personally, I think we could do worse than a nation of friendly, intelligent cowards.

>> No.933131
File: 84 KB, 763x599, james_stewart_air_force_photo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know, people thought the WWII generation were a bunch of debauch fags as well before the Depression propelled them away from the roaring 20s.

>> No.933133

>>933130
It's called Canada. I want to move there one day.

>> No.933142
File: 25 KB, 425x328, 633492552440829456-Canada's-Army.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933133
>implying people who aren't pussies live in Canada or move there by choice

Pic related

>> No.933144

>>933131
>a bunch of debauch fags

>debauch fags

It's "debauched", moron.

>> No.933150

goddamn

being brave means you're not gonna piss your pants when someone sticks a gun in your face, it doesn't mean "OH FUCK YEAH I'M GONNA RUN INTO THAT HOUSE FULL OF GUN-TOTING BIKERS AND KICK SOME ASS"

no it just means that you're not a pussy

>> No.933155
File: 15 KB, 237x320, 84948f757746ebc2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933144

don't blame me, i'm apart of the dumbest generation you pedantic fuck. why don't you scold me on my lack of capitalization?

>> No.933159

>>933133
You should also consider Scandinavia. Sweden has great summers, everyone's rich in Norway and Iceland is a cold climate paradise.

>> No.933162

>>933159
Libfags, Neonazis, and church-burning teenage faggots? No thanks.

>> No.933164

>>933142
You should really work on either your reading comprehension or communication skills. Because what you said makes no sense as a response to my joke.
I said Canada is full of friendly, intelligent cowards. You said I'm implying that people in Canada aren't pussies. My joke was that Canada is full of pussies. You new to English, friend?

>> No.933165
File: 62 KB, 750x600, Lumberjack_Commandos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933142

>> No.933182
File: 25 KB, 259x323, varg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933162
You just described America I think.
But if not, pic related. He's out of jail now I think.

>> No.933196

>>933126
Err... no. A person born in the 60s can not be considered apart of the Boomers because the birth rate significantly dropped in this decade thanks to the abortion movement.

They have more in common with someone born in the 70s.

>> No.933211

>>933196
>Abortion

>Causing any significant drop in birth rates

>> No.933212

>>933196
I'm talking about the mindset, not the birth rate.

>> No.933228

>>930719
waiting for newspeak

>> No.933242

>>933211

Also, birth control, anti-family, feminism - all that shit. It's 4chan - do you want me to write an essay?

>>933212
The birthrate hints to the environment they're raised up in. Boomers grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth while people born in the 60s missed out on almost all the perks the Boomers had.

>> No.933273

>>933242
That I know, but the general feeling of the generation before you lingers even if things are changing.
I mean there's regression going on now and people are confused, but I think we won't be feeling the real shock of hopelessness for another 3-5 years since the "good years" leading up to it still linger. Hell, in 3-5 years time I'm expecting people other than Fox News-tards to feel all nostalgic about Bush.

>> No.933395

Education today is bullshit its all about passing some test or learning math in highschool
if the education board would have their way high school would be math 24/7.
You can't talk back to your teacher or the way the schools run and if you object your kicked out it's ridicules a tyrannical rule with the principal, the staff ,then the teachers, and students.
Oh and if you fight your both fucking in trouble fuck you ever heard of honor.
Yeah i put up with bullshit my tolerance level is high way fucking high but if you make it crack your in for it fucker.
But oh the good honorable kid gets kicked out while the bully stays in.
Also the schools actually threaten teachers about crap. its bullshit.

>> No.933417

>>933395
itt retarded 15 year old asspie bawwing about how much his life sucks

>> No.933436

>>933395
First off i confess i hate math. my teachers never really were kind to me and never helped me through and my dads terrible at it as well.
I excel in literature and my hand writings bad but i have many ideas.
AS a young boy yeah i read,narnia my vocabulary was huge for a 4thgrader.,yes comic books,tons of childrens chapter books as a kid to develop vocabulary.
I kicked ass in most reading aspects.
Now a thing about tests is that if a person excels too much meaning this kids super smart
IT MEANS THERE CHEATING APPARENTLY from what the board say about the tests.
BULLSHIT
Now if a kid gets a perfect it means they cheated that they arnt allowed to excel.
The math tests are bullshit since in some schools they cant cover everything for the tests.
But you know what education is nothing now. Isn't oh here today we will learn how to.
No its about passing a test instead and not focusing on anything else.

>> No.933444

>>933417
fuck you i can say what i want plus i'm generalizing. it's not my life.

>> No.933448

>>933444
You were speaking in First Person.

>> No.933458
File: 61 KB, 367x164, 1278383030166.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933395

cool story bro

>> No.933461

>>933448
I went to school too but it can be used in a generalization then. Yeah i went to school as well.
Ok yes half of it was stuff i experienced

>> No.933468
File: 128 KB, 500x497, 4479876618_e41403119f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933436
>>933395

I think it's trying to communicate.

>> No.933473

>>933436

As I doubt there are any enraged 14 year-olds on /lit/, brilliant writing sir! It's quite convincing.

>> No.933493

>>933458
Go back to /a/ I'm depressed with all this bullshit happening i dont feel i can get anywhere in life.
WE have a evil president or a tool idiot.
A end of the world day coming in two years.
and i just want to escape it all i'm scared.
I want to leave but i cant i expected to sit down and WAIT till i'm older..
This place is a outlet. yeah i know i'm saying its cruel but dammit.
I wish to be a hero a person to stop our government to demolish the people who are there they have no good intentions they're stupid and always cheat.
I want to stop them but i know i cant.

>> No.933497

>>933493
>a end of the world day coming in two years

Troll CONFIRMED.

>> No.933499

The Baby Boomers aren't in any position to comment on my generation. They should take care of their own before they start slandering others, because they have fucked up a lot of things.

I'll give you that we are a tasteless generation (truth be told, I hate my damn generation's taste), but I don't see how we could possibly fuck up as much as the Baby Boomers have. We're better educated, we're more tolerant, we've got a lot going for us (all modern-day cultural failure aside); we have a better global perspective than they ever did. So many things.

OP, the book is stupid (at least if it seriously lines out a thesis based on the title). We're not stupid. You'll find that the benefits that this generation brings to the table far outweigh the negative factors.

>> No.933503
File: 71 KB, 750x600, AnHero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933493
>i wish to be a hero

Please, by all means

>> No.933508

>>933499

For that last sentence, I mean that compared to other living generations. We have a lot wrong with us too, but less than they did.

>> No.933514
File: 93 KB, 843x480, 1270106587477.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933182
That gentleman has breasts.

>> No.933528

>>933493
>>933395

>herp school is evil and injust
>fears endtime in two years
>wants to be a hero against governmental tyranny

Sit down, bro.

>> No.933530

I graduated from college (barely). I work HARD in a shipping department in a garbage can factory. I've mentioned this several times throughout 4chan, and I'll mention it again. I mention it again here, only because I see others discussing their current "blue-collar" work vs. their "white collar" training, or perhaps simply intellectual interests. It also goes into an absence of "entitlement"- I feel I'm valuable at my company, but I also feel how easily I could be replaced.

>> No.933538

If the truth is above about /lit/ and fiction then they have no room to talk as i do ,but fuck that let them talk let me talk. Yes i like reading books but. i hate nonfiction
not beacuse it is but beacuse most of whats in schools libraries i know or are topics 5thgraders should learn. i feel i'm the only one in school whos read the deceleration of independence and the constitution.
You say kids now are dumb hell the girls are allot of the boys are. The show are you smarter then a 5th grader is a great example i can still remember 90 percent of all that they question ,but the adults are so ignorant.
I dont know what else to say i maybe digging myself into a hole.
You can blame facebook or the internet as a whole i for one dont own a cell phone i do go on facebook rarely but i dont like social sites like them.
I cant say twilight is stupid since it seems all females who read and like it are so blindsided by its bad writing and ohh teh love story that they ant comprehend that its a terribly put together narrative.
One of my literature teachers even she likes it. fuck
So it seems people are getting stupider maybe its technology to blame i dont know.
is it us

>> No.933547 [DELETED] 

>>933528
The whole 200 12 thing is part of my paranoia it should pass hopefully.
Yeah ill just go kill my shelf woody woodpecker.
Sit down thats what the teachers say if i want to use and speak my mind.

>> No.933556

We're compounded by their failings is all.
And we're fucked by it.

>> No.933617

>>933538
>deceleration of independence

>deceleration

Keep going, kid, you're a regular damn W.C. Fields.

>> No.933646
File: 247 KB, 640x480, 1268190214662.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>933538
>>933493
>>933436
>>933395

People like you are the reason that the term 'wall of text' was created.

>> No.933651

Threads like this give me hope for the future after all.

Godspeed /lit/erati

>> No.933670

>>933032

I still get smacked all the time.

Now I feel special.

>> No.933671

>>933651
I second those sentiments. We kids are alright.
Link not related but one of the nicest songs I know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrNoJKRrMQ

>> No.933682

This thread has been much more enjoyable than my Australian Indigenous Perspectives lecture.

OH SHIT THATS RIGHT BABY BOOMERS - I'M ON 4CHAN INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO MY HIGHLY RELEVANT UNI LECTURE

>> No.933695

>>933682

Do yourself a favor and go back to the lecture, mate. It's a trollbait and everything relevant had already been discussed.

>> No.933701

>>933670

It's different if your boyfriend smacks you. No one deserves shit like that.

>> No.933713

>>933695

>implying 4chan isn't inifnitely more insightful than some lefty CUNT going on and on about the stolen generation
also
>mate

>> No.933731

OP here

just woke up, i was just asking if anyone has read the book.

>> No.933746

>>933731
Short answer, no.
Long answer, we might as well have. Read the tread Op, and be proud.

>> No.933747

>>933701
If it's my boyfriend, I'd be the one beating the shit out of him.

Anyhow, it's my dad. Gonna be off to college next month. Till then, smack.

>> No.933754

>>933713
I have Aussie friends. It rubs off.

>> No.933797
File: 18 KB, 340x511, socrates.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys, if these yunguns keep using their "books" and "writing" no one will ever think for themselves! This next generation will be the worst yet!

>> No.933826

I have not read the book but I hate the concept of "The Greatest Generation." The concept itself means that no other generation will surpass it. That's it. Give up, you won't ever be as good. It's very counterproductive to a society if people go around labeling a few people as the greatest. Sure, call them role-models, victors, trend-setters, or what have you, but don't seriously call them "the best" unless you really don't want to see more human improvement as a whole. Think of the drill, man! THE DRILL

>> No.933862

>>933797

FUCK YOU SOCRATES
YOU ARE DRUNK

>> No.933867

>>933862
Shut it child. I know not why I am drunk therefore I can fuck all I like.

>> No.933886

inb4 shitstor--

Oh wait.

>> No.933893

>>933797
Well, he was right. There is a reason we still read his shit.

>> No.933965

<3 this thread

Fuck old people

>> No.933980

When they were teens, they were like "don't trust anybody over 30!"

Now that they're over 30...they're like "don't trust anybody under 30!"

Us...we're like "fuck old people". But also, we hate the younger generations already. They listen to shit like BrokenCyde.

I have absolutely no idea why this thread has 200+ replies. Generations always hate the preceding and newer generations to come. Please. Stop. Posting. There is no point in reading any of these 200+ posts of shit except my post.

>> No.934017

>>933980
Most of the posters here have yet to reach their 20's or are just above that age. Such retardation can be expected of them, but it'll were of quickly around the 23-26 mark when they realize that they were just as stupid back then, and have the potential of repeating their parents mistake if not careful. The same can not be said about the Baby Boomers, or at least of the majority that represents them in the media and that is worrisome.

>> No.934031
File: 142 KB, 500x498, 4514435883_ba8c35fc50.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>934017
>it'll were of quickly
>were
>of

Well how about that.

>> No.934051

>>934031
I made a typo, rendering my post meaningless and worthy of hipster like mockery.
No more shall I try to post in a language other than my native one, nor shall I stay up for more than 24 hours.

>> No.934067

>>934051
I only care about typos when the person who made them is insulting someone's intelligence.

A very common example: Your a idiot.

>> No.934070

Every generation says this about the one that follows them. Being old and obsessing about how things used to be is.... neurotic. The world changes. Adapt to it.

>> No.934099

>>934067
Where was I insulting someones intelligence?
I was simply trying to make a point on how inexperience and maliciousness are not the same things.
A teenager or a young adult that thinks those before him and under him are nothing but dumb phonies can be excused for his folly; A bitter old man can not.

>> No.934105

>i can't understand those newfangled new typewriters with the televisions on them. damn kids and their mountain dew and their cigarettes.

>> No.935322
File: 86 KB, 359x326, 1276705211533.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh god this thread